Ana Vs Dig - just an opinion.

Thread: Ana Vs Dig - just an opinion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ana Vs Dig - just an opinion.

I now (after a tortuous route) have a GW 2000B analogue and a GW 9000A Mudman Dig (the latter is in Malta for a month lean't to a friend who is out there training for a triathlon - the mad fool!).

And here is the difference in readibility in my view. The Muddie I have to hold up and 'read' the display as it is quite small (although not bad from what I have seen on a few other Casios) whereas the GW 2000 is a hold up and glance operation.

Not much in it objectively I guess but it just feels much quicker to read the analogue watch.

Maybe a combination of a bigger time 'image' on the analogue and the fact that I find the analogue format more intuitive as that is all there was in my formative years.

Maybe not explained myself well but hey-ho.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Ana Vs Dig - just an opinion.

personally i never felt that an analog is more intuitive to read than a digital but none-the-less i know what you mean. i have heard a lot of people telling me the same you just wrote.

if you think the GW-2000 is easy to read, believe me you ain't seen nothing yet. of all the (analog) watches i have owned and seen in my life, nothing - and i mean really nothing - compares to the seiko SKZxxx series. whenever i put my SKZ247 on, it never fails me to impress. pictures really don't do justice to this outstanding time piece, but here are two anyway

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

I'd always thought it was accepted fact that almost everyone can get a better sense for 'about what time is it?' from an analog dial.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    I'd always thought it was accepted fact that almost everyone can get a better sense for 'about what time is it?' from an analog dial.
    it depends. I'm always on 24 hour time, so it's much easier for me to just look at the numbers on the digital instead of trying to convert it in my head from an analog dial. Even with the 24 hour dials, I lag a bit trying to decipher my time.

Interesting comments nick (and responses).

My first watch at age 10 or so was a digital. I think from about 16 on I always had analogue, and some digitals for running and working out. I can honestly say a quick glance at either form is equally good for me.

There are certainly analogues including G-Shocks which are likely to be more immediately legible than the GW-2000BD. That said I think the GW-2000 does a remarkably good job of presenting a lot of information on an analogue dial. It also has a very good function set and is extremely sharp on the looks front.

Enjoy yours :D

Suspended

Go ana-dig. Best of both worlds!

it's funny that u say that.last week my brother and i were having a conversation about the subject..he tells me that he hates digital watches but every g he owns is analog. see at 4 am just press the button and to me it's easier..but i know what u mean................................
    A watch doesn't just tell time, it also tell's a story.........................

I believe is easier on a digital one, if you look from the wrong ungle on a blink an analog watch you might misunderstand the position of the hands and think is the wrong time, but not on a digital, you read exactly the time there.

I read both analog and digital quickly and don´t really have a preference, but on an analog dial it is easier to see the time. If it is 15.25 for example, then I can see immediately that it is a bit more than half an hour until 16.00. So for rough estimations an analog dial is easier to read than a digital.

Probably the key feature of digital watches, for me anyway, is the ability to provide a more accessible function set for measuring elapse of time rather than/as well as telling the time, i.e. stopwatch and CTD.

Maybe ana-digi do indeed present best of both worlds...they mostly leave me cold though...although I just bought a PRW-5000T...so I will see how I feel about it then.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information