analog overload - is this where g shocks are heading?
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: analog overload - is this where g shocks are heading?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

analog overload - is this where g shocks are heading?

spotted this display in a jewellery store the other day. i dont normally compare ratios but this was so obviously skewed towards analogs. only a handful of digitals in the top left
    i dont know about you guys over the pond but analogs are def. more popular here.

really hope the market doesnt continue to dictate the path too much for future releases!

the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Re: analog overload - is this where g shocks are heading?

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    really hope the market doesnt continue to dictate the path too much for future releases!
    Couldn't agree more. The analog Gs are a PITA. Granted, they offer more functionality than regular analogs, but are usually still way more complicated in their operation, because how they cram the features in the analog timepiece. Multifunction and analog doesn't work for me.

In addition, it doesn't really help that I consider the analog designs to be absolutely hideous. The last analog G that I liked for its elegant design was the AWG-100.

Nevertheless, customers seem to like it and then Casio will of course offer it. Seems like I won't be buying Gs for the time being, hoping that they'll eventually get back to building nicer looking digitals like the GW-9100 or GW-9200 again.
    alexs12 likes this.

Like the bigger analogs, usually with sweep second hands like the Gulfmaster and GW-3000

For little Gs like those in the shop display, I favor digitals.
    Izzy_Does_It, Sappie66 and mitadoc like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't like the analog direction either but they seem to be super popular right now so Casio keeps making them.. Not sure how accurate the top 10 selling list is that G-Street Australia does but it's always dominated by analogs, so that's why stores stock more of those.

It's a lot worse here, especially this year. Casio India has not even bothered with digital watches here this year. Not a single one has been released, it's been all ana-digi and analogs. When I reached out to ask about those camo gdx's that were released 2 months ago I was told "the market does not accept camo in GDX so it will not be released here" guessing the previous camo gdx's did not sell that well.

It is good to see Casio releasing a lot of digitals in the next coming months.. just hope some of it makes it here.

Love the simplicity of operation of the pure digitals. Got to admit that the Gulfmasters are looking good though. I lament the trend towards analog displays, however. Are we ever going to see all digital Mr-Gs again? Upgraded 5600s and 6900s with bigger digits, and louder alarms? Must I travel to an alternate universe to obtain these things?!?!

Agree, I have seen this trend myself. Most of the G-shock kiosks and counters in malls are filled with multiple variations of the GA100, GA110, GA120, GA150, GA200 and what-you-have versus a couple of variations of the GDX series and a couple of GD100/110s, among digitals on display. That's it. TBH, I don't care for analogs much save a selected few - though I confess that I have caught myself taking multiple glances at the MTG-S1000D, Mudmaster and the G-Steel very often :D

I am very partial towards digitals, I wouldn't wear an analog myself. I understand that there is a fair share of takers for Analogs and Ana-digis but the overwhelmingly large number of analogs versus the diminishing number of digitals is a disappointing trend, atleast IMHO.
    Kev55, soulbridgemedia and RHJones like this.

Maybe just a phase, or new style, and will change back?

Maybe the digitals are selling & he's left with the analogs to sell !
    Rocat and Time4Playnow like this.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Seems like it's going in circle here... Casio puts out analogs on displays in stores, most non-watch people can't be bothered to so some research so they buy this analog that was on offer in the store. Casio sees people are buying analogs and therefore releases even more models/versions.
    idkfa and Kev55 like this.

If I want an analog, there's only one alternative I consider: Seiko automatics.

When it comes to digital, G-Shock all the way! Nothing else comes close. I too hope Casio will stick with what made them great--the digitals.

Not knocking their analog line, mind you. They're just not for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    drypenn likes this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information