anniversary mudman or gulfman

Thread: anniversary mudman or gulfman

anniversary mudman or gulfman

Hello people. Been trawling through sites but still can't make a decision. Have had three g shocks in my life but haven't worn one for about ten years. With all the talk of the 25th anniversary i remember now how beautiful they are.
    So to mark my own personal return to the brand i want to buy either the mudman or gulfman anniversary models (gold/black) seeing as they are the same price here in UK (£90).
    Tbh, i've been out of the game so long that the features really are not important to me. However, looks, size, comfort and practicality are relevant for my small wrist.
    There is a similar thread around but it's relatively old.
    I've been told the mudman is thinner but heavier and vice versa gulfman.
    Also, have these models drastically changed from their originals or is it simple colourway changes?

Any help/advice is much appreciated as i want to order before the weekend (like an excited kid!) Thanks

Re: anniversary mudman or gulfman

gulfman

that easy?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They will have changed over the last 10 years. I don't think you can go wrong with either. The Mudman has the edge on functions, but has stiff buttons due to the mud resistance. The Gulfman has nice easy buttons and titanium back (and other exposed metal parts).
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Thanks. So for you, neither has the up on looks or size?

Both have developed a long way from their forebears. The Gulfman is bigger than the Mudman, but not to the point that it is unwieldy.

Looks are a matter of individual taste, but I strongly prefer the Gulfman. I have always thought there is something 'squat' about the Mudman's proportions, and I find the display a little busy. I used to have one, but sold it for these reasons. The Gulfman (particularly the atomic version) strikes me as being a more considered design.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by willis View Post
    Thanks. So for you, neither has the up on looks or size?
    I have both standard versions, and I wouldn't like to choose between them. If you're not all that interested in functions or the extra mud resistance, I'd lean toward recommending the Gulfman (which still has a decent set of functions).
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

I love the look of the G-9025A Dawn Black Mudman.

Many thanks guys. I cant believe how hard this is! i've just noticed there are several editions on sjors' website where the later ones have different faces and come in a fancier packaging. Anyways i'm swaying towards gulfman but can anyone please tell me which of these measurements is most accurate? They're from two diff websites(?):

1st website. Mudman 52 x 46.3 x 16.3 56g Gulfman 51 x 46 x 16.4 53g
    2nd website. Mudman 52 x 46 x 16 56g Gulfman 52 x 46 x 17 56g

Damn my remote little village where the nearest stockist is a million miles away!
    Last edited by willis; April 2nd, 2008 at 15:16.

Thread Information