Another anniversary model recently arrived. Change in mood? Just change the colour!
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Another anniversary model recently arrived. Change in mood? Just change the colour!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another anniversary model recently arrived. Change in mood? Just change the colour!

I do like the 20th anniversary ML g shocks and have just received another one. I love the LCD colour on these, the pinky display is very attractive to me.

This one is the ML version of the rarely seen G-3000.

It has the 20th anniversary logo on the strap.

The module is ok but nothing special. It has only a 60 minute stopwatch plus a 24hr timer, five alarms including snooze, memo mode for 30 records, dual time and auto display.

What makes this watch special though is its dual layer LCD. This allows you to have twelve different colour combinations on the display. Together with the very large digits it makes for a very legible watch. The digits are nearly as big as the GW-300s but are slightly less sharp due to the dual layer LCD.

Here are a few of the colour combos.

So a decent G shock with a quirky twist. I do like the LCD colour on these MLs and the ability to change it occasionally is very nice. The watch is quite stealthy with a glossy black SS bezel. With only the word G Shock visible on the bezel and with the LCD display setup makes for a very clean look. The strap is unique to this G and is very well integrated with the bezel, which you would need to remove if you wanted to take the strap off.

I am not sure why Casio did not continue with the dual layer LCD idea. Perhaps the ability to change the screen was not particularly popular.

Lume shot.

Here are few wrist shots.

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch100; November 8th, 2013 at 14:57.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Re: Another anniversary model recently arrived. Change in mood? Just change the colour!

Wow, I never knew that this existed. Thanks for sharing, Mitch. I just sold off my G-3010... but I could really see tracking one of these down. The glossy black bezel is very appealing. Does it appear like it's IP plating over metal, or plastic?
    Last edited by xevious; November 8th, 2013 at 15:53.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Re: Another anniversary model recently arrived. Change in mood? Just change the colour!

I really like the negative band on the bottom with red numerals/red with black outline time setting! (last pic.) Looks amazing! Nice watch!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Love the anniversary style G - especially the glossy finish, quite nice.
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Wow, I never knew that this existed. Thanks for sharing, Mitch. I just sold off my G-3010... but I could really see tracking one of these down. The glossy black bezel is very appealing. Does it appear like it's IP plating over metal, or plastic?

Yes the all black look is great, really sets off the LCD colour. The bezel is definitely plated SS it looks good but of course will be more prone to picking up scratches without resin to protect it. Does make the watch feel really solid though. Having said that, even though the watch is used it seems not to have picked up any significant marks on the plated SS.

I like the way the strap integrates into the resin case there being no visible join at all.

Mitch

Here are a couple of other 20th anniversary ML models with the pinky diaplay.

Mitch

I really like that one! tiger2 posted about it once. Battery-changing is a pain on this case-design - I once changed the battery on my G-3011 - to get the back off you have to remove the side parts of the bezel, the back cover and at least one part of the strap:

cheers, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; November 11th, 2013 at 01:25.
    nigelw likes this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    I really like that one! tiger2 posted about it once. Battery-changing is a pain on this case-design - I once changed the battery on my G-3011 - to get the back off you have to remove the side parts of the bezel, the back cover and at least one part of the strap:

cheers, Sedi

Yes it looks like some serious dismantling will be needed on a battery change.

However, the integrated strap does look quite good on this one so it may be worth it for the look.

Mitch

I found when I changed the batteries on my G-3010 and G-3011 that, after removing the back bezel(or whatever that part is called) that I could stretch the strap just enough to get around the backplate and so not have to dismantle the bezel or the strap to do it.
    nigelw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carpoon View Post
    I found when I changed the batteries on my G-3010 and G-3011 that, after removing the back bezel(or whatever that part is called) that I could stretch the strap just enough to get around the backplate and so not have to dismantle the bezel or the strap to do it.

That's interesting, I must remember to give that a go when I have to change the battery. Don't know when that will be as the battery shows no signs of any weakness and therefore has already had at least one change. Can't tell with these G Shocks though, they seem to keep sailing along if you do not use the EL much.

Mitch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information