Another G-shock (Mudman GW9010-1)
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Another G-shock (Mudman GW9010-1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Laughing Another G-shock (Mudman GW9010-1)

I posted in the "in the mail" thread already but I figured I'd pass it along just in case some don't travel outside the G-shock section. (..I know I didn't for a long time.)

I was going to buy a new G-shock MT-G but any time I brought up words "fancy" and "G-shock" people turned up their nose like a cartoon character. My dog even started sneezing. After months of hem-hawing about it I decided to split the difference and get a separate Dress watch and another cheaper G-shock.

I ended up getting a mudman GW9010-1.

I was surprised when it arrived at how small and disproportionate the band was compared to the larger circular bezel. It seems like the watch would have been slightly more liked if the band was a little wider. Still, it's a welcomed addition and I already enjoy reading the time on it, more than I do on my reverse display GD-100MS.

next on the list is a classic square, a frogman and a Rangeman. ...if they ever make a US King with a normal display with Atomic, I'll probably pee myself with joy. :0) I love the G-shocks.
    Last edited by Wolvee; December 12th, 2014 at 22:00.
    Rocat, frhoads and Bear1845 like this.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Re: Another G-shock (Mudman GW9010-1)

Very nice piece, the MUDMAN is indeed a great G, i also prefer the older versions that is g9000/gw9010.
    congrats.

this is the best of all the mudmans out there / where did you get it from ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

G-fob,

I know you are up there in the Great White North. But JC Penny's Dept stores seem to have the GW-9010 in all their displays and can't sell them. Check their website. My local store has had one for over 6 months in the case and no one has bought it.
    G-fob likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

I bought it off Amazon. $110 and free prime shipping took 2 days. Here is the link but it looks like Amazon raised the price to $160. They seem to do that out of the blue a lot more lately.

Amazon.com: Casio Men's GW9010-1 G-Shock Mudman Solar Atomic Rally Watch: Casio: Watches
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

I just checked the link and the watch is down to $130 and free shipping as of 10:17am EST this Saturday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee View Post
    I bought it off Amazon. $110 and free prime shipping took 2 days. Here is the link but it looks like Amazon raised the price to $160. They seem to do that out of the blue a lot more lately.

Amazon.com: Casio Men's GW9010-1 G-Shock Mudman Solar Atomic Rally Watch: Casio: Watches
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Amazon is a very good Capitalist. :0) I order everything from TP to PC parts from Amazon and I've noticed not only do the prices increase within days or minutes of browsing through them but if I leave something in the Cart or wishlist for too long the price almost always goes up. I can't say I blame them but being on the loosing end of a deal is never exciting, lol.

I'm very happy with the new Mudman and my price was probably unbeatable. *cheesy-grin

thanks Roc, I knew it's there but the price was always like 129/139 somethings when I got there, and with the presence of the wifey, making the purchase impossible

and i thought no-one likes this mudman any more - but - online, the price is rocket high as it is mark as "rare" and "discontinued model" LOLz - and rarely see someone clean it out of his "collection" LOLz
    Last edited by G-fob; December 13th, 2014 at 17:50.

Very nice watch, although I cant get over the "G" in the middle.

Great-looking watch. Definitely an all-time favorite of mine. I took this picture today to highlight how much different and better the negative displays have become just after a few years. The GW002BJ was produced in 2006 and the GW9010 just a couple of years later, in 2008 or 2009. I've noticed that in dim light I'm still able to see the GW9010 display fairly easily. In dim light, with the GW002, I can't see it without lighting it up. Love 'em both though.

Name:  IMG_1064.JPG
Views: 1213
Size:  659.7 KB
    Wolvee likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information