Another G-shock owner + Help using the functions on the GW3000BB-1A?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CFARR44

Thread: Another G-shock owner + Help using the functions on the GW3000BB-1A?

Another G-shock owner + Help using the functions on the GW3000BB-1A?

Two weeks ago my dad (who is 57) was looking at my g-shock watch, tried it on and you could tell he really liked it. He then kept saying how he couldn't find a watch that kept good time. So I started suggesting some G-shocks, but mostly digital because after recent brain surgery his vision has gotten worse and most of the analog g-shocks are hard to read. But he still wanted an analog watch. So I got off the digital and started showing him the GA100s, GA110s, GA120s, but he kept saying the hands were hard to read. I didn't want to show him the aviation series and scare him away because he is usually frugal (probably why his watches never seem to have good time). But I gave it a shot just to see. Showed him the GW3000BB-1A
    Name:  GW3000BB-1A-1.jpg
Views: 3463
Size:  28.5 KB
    He really like it and then saw the price and wondered how the GA100s were so much less. I then explained the solar powered and the atomic and how it works. He started to realize that it might be a good purchase. I took him to Macys to see if they had it and to have him try it on. He usually wouldn't do this after seeing the price but I talked him into it. We got there and I was trying on all the different models and trying on the new G9300 that I really want now. I had him try the GW3000BB-1A and I don't think he wanted to take it off, you could instantly see how much he wanted the watch. This is new because my dad is one of those guys who just goes out and buys most of his own gifts. He usually returns a lot and gets what he wants. So Christmas is coming soon and I told my mom I would keep checking ebay and amazon to find a good price so we could get it, and my mom calls me yesterday to say she bought him the watch from Macy's! My dad had came home from work early and had to show my mom the watch at Macy's. She must have seen how much he wanted it and bought it for him using the friends and family sale. So there is going to be another proud G-shock owner (my dad)!

So my dad is a little tech-savy but not the greatest. I have been trying to find youtube videos or other reviews on this watch to learn more so I could help him use his new watch. All the videos I find on youtube are in other languages, so I am asking you fellow g-shock owners if you know of anywhere to look or any good reviews? Or also if any of you have this watch and what to expect.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by CFARR44; November 19th, 2011 at 18:20.
    Bravo Two likes this.

Re: Another G-shock owner + Help using the functions on the GW3000BB-1A?

The web-based manual is more friendly to his eyes since he can set the magnification level (as you mentioned about his vision):

http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_man.../en/qw5121.pdf

Try this if the above does not open:

http://www2.casio.co.jp/manual_pdf/w...x=0&submit.y=0
    Last edited by Benjamin Chin; November 19th, 2011 at 19:21.

thanks for the response!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just pre ordered this watch today at Macy's.

I didn't find much on this watch as far as detailed reviews. (will be making one once I receive), this is what I found so far though.

Manual (better than the small print in the book)
    http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_man.../en/qw5121.pdf

YouTube (not a great "review," but best I've come across, quality included)
    Review of the Casio G-Shock GW-3000B-1A Aviator Watch in HD - YouTube

Amazon (not much, but what I found)
    Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's GW3000BB-1A G-Shock Aviation Black Resin Multi-Function Watch

Having played with it in person I like it. My 1 question coming from a digital G-Shock was how to know if it received the nightly sync or not. On digital it shows RCVD. Page two of the manual covers.

I agree with the sync. Thats what I was wondering too.

I got this watch in the mail last Monday and I read the ENTIRE manual which as many have said, it's like reading a complicated technical manual.

To answer your question, you can find out if the watch has successfully synced with the central time server in Ft. Collins by pressing the "A" button (top right) once. The second hand will then point to either "Y" for yes as in "yes it synced" or "N" for "no it could not sync".

As long as the city time is set to a city that receives the signal, the watch will automatically try to sync itself several times a day. This cannot be disabled unless you set the city time to one that the watch knows will not get a signal.

Thread Information