Another G shock test!!
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Another G shock test!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Another G shock test!!

Alright members.... here in the northeast U.S.A. we are expecting a pretty big noreaster. Blizzard conditions, 12+ accumilation. i am going to leave one of my trusty G's out side for 48 hours... which one should it be?

Raysman
    Frogman

I will let you decide.. storm expected to hit Sat afternoon.

Re: Another G shock test!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devori
    Alright members.... here in the northeast U.S.A. we are expecting a pretty big noreaster. Blizzard conditions, 12+ accumilation. i am going to leave one of my trusty G's out side for 48 hours... which one should it be?

Raysman
    Frogman

G-2310!!!! I have one as well.(G-Viper) I've heard others on this site say that that is their 'baseline' G-Shock and I feel the same way too. Trusty and dependable, reward it by leaving it at the mercy of the snow and ice!

Should not be a problem for either G-Shock

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Raysman, of course.

Frank
    tako_watch likes this.

Poor man's eyeglass mounted watch loupe :-X

fc1956- aka FrankieCrabs on bladeforums.com/knifeforums.com

GW-6900BC-1JF [negative (silver on black), solar, atomic]
    GW-610LJ-1JF
    [negative (gold on black), solar, atomic]
    PAW1500GB-3 [solar, atomic]
    DW-9350MSJ-2T [solar, Middle Sea Race model, back light image of the race trophy]
    G-7210K-7AJR [solar, I.C.E.R.C (2004 Dolphin & Whale) model, back light image of a humpback whale sounding]
    Mil-Shock DW-5600

Hello Frank!! glad to see you found your way back!!

Thanks, Devori.

I was horrified to find the site was down :-X, and quite pleased to find her back up and running. This site and bladeforums.com
    are the two main places I go to putter around, although recently I've been going to Alpha & Omega Ministries for a bit of Christian theological refreshment.

Don't forget to take photos of your little test- they always make things more interesting.

In Christ,
    Frank

GW-610LJ-1JF
    DW-9350MSJ-2T [solar, Middle Sea Race model, back light image of the race trophy]
    G-7210K-7AJR [solar, I.C.E.R.C (2004 Dolphin & Whale) model, back light image of a humpback whale sounding]
    Mil-Shock DW-5600

Quote Originally Posted by fc1956
    Thanks, Devori.

I was horrified to find the site was down :-X, and quite pleased to find her back up and running. This site and bladeforums.com
    are the two main places I go to putter around, although recently I've been going to Alpha & Omega Ministries for a bit of Christian theological refreshment.

Don't forget to take photos of your little test- they always make things more interesting.

In Christ,
    Frank
    curios... recomend any reading for bereavement?

curios... recomend any reading for bereavement?
    I'm sorry, but Alpha & Omega Ministries is an apologetics website- they enable Christians [and non-Christians] to have a better grasp of the truths of the Holy Bible, and the Gospel [good news] of the LORD Jesus Christ.

However, I found some audio files that may prove useful. Here are some links if you'd like to check them out:
    THE HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE Based on Titus 1:2 "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began..."

Weeping May Endure For A Night Based on
    Psalm 22:1-21; Matthew 27:27-54

Frank

GW-610LJ-1JF
    Mil-Shock DW-5600

Laughing Frogman

FROGMAN

Moderator Emeritus

Raysman
    Frogman

Should be interesting...I'm sure it will survive...but I'll tell you a story.....

Back in the late 90's, I had a g-shock for about a year, not sure which one, it was just a g-shock - kinda looks like one of the classic ones....anyway, I went ice-fishing in January for the whole day. The winters here in NE Ontario are usually very brutal. It was a nice sunny, windy day with a temperature of -33 celsius (-27 f) all day. The g-shock was strapped to the outside of my parka, kinda hung upside down. I would just flip it up with my mitts to read the time. Well, to make a long story short....it froze up completely, display went blank. After a couple of hours indoors it came back on but kinda weakish and there was condensation inside. It quit again a couple of days later. I changed the battery, no dice...the g-shock was junked!!

I'd like to see the results of your test, most particularly the condensation thing. Should go fine, what temps are you expecting?

We had a vicious storm hit here last weekend with more than a foot of snow falling....cold temps of -16 celsius and a cold NW wind of 35 km/h. I blew out the driveway for 45 minutes with my Sinn U2 strapped to my glove. The snow melted to the crystal as the watch was initially warmer than the outside temp and then froze with the cold and wind. It handled it perfectly. The Sinn's have special oils which allow the watch to work perfectly in temps of -45 to 80 celsius, as well as anti-humidifying tech. Perfect for here as we have temps approaching -50 every year. See the watch gallery section for the pics under my "U2 ton of pics" posting. When we get some really cold weather, I will test my U2 by leaving it out for the night with a thermometer beside it. An alcohol thermometer.

Good luck with the test and keep us posted

cheers,
    Tim

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information