ANOTHER MULTIBAND RECEPTION QUESTION - SORRY!
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: ANOTHER MULTIBAND RECEPTION QUESTION - SORRY!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

ANOTHER MULTIBAND RECEPTION QUESTION - SORRY!

Hey all, I've just recently jumped on the G-Shock train with my new GW-M5610. I came from only mechanical watches in my collection, and it seems like, every day, this G-Shock is teaching me that I really don't need any other watches! It looks great, is super accurate and super comfortable, and I'm really only wearing this now! I never thought I'd see the day....

Anyway, since I'm in New Hampshire, I had to experiment the first week or so with this watch trying to find a position in the house where the watch would sync to the atomic clock at night, and I finally found the window that worked. It would sync nightly, usually at 12:04am, sometimes 1:04 or 3:04.

The last couple nights though, nothing. I even left it outside one night facing the right direction, 12 position up, on my second floor deck with a clear view of the cold, autumn night sky. Nothing. I get up about 6am every day. Yesterday I tried a manual sync first think in the morning. It received for probably 5 minutes, level indicator showing L2, then back to the "ERR" message again.

Now, I realize this isn't a big deal, but I'm kind of a stickler for having all the functionality of something I buy work as it should. And maybe it is. Maybe there are atmospheric conditions causing this to not work the last week. Maybe the atomic clock broadcast is being worked on, upgraded, changed, etc....

Anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: ANOTHER MULTIBAND RECEPTION QUESTION - SORRY!

Quote Originally Posted by Emsflyer84 View Post
    Hey all, I've just recently jumped on the G-Shock train with my new GW-M5610. I came from only mechanical watches in my collection, and it seems like, every day, this G-Shock is teaching me that I really don't need any other watches! It looks great, is super accurate and super comfortable, and I'm really only wearing this now! I never thought I'd see the day....

Anyway, since I'm in New Hampshire, I had to experiment the first week or so with this watch trying to find a position in the house where the watch would sync to the atomic clock at night, and I finally found the window that worked. It would sync nightly, usually at 12:04am, sometimes 1:04 or 3:04.

The last couple nights though, nothing. I even left it outside one night facing the right direction, 12 position up, on my second floor deck with a clear view of the cold, autumn night sky. Nothing. I get up about 6am every day. Yesterday I tried a manual sync first think in the morning. It received for probably 5 minutes, level indicator showing L2, then back to the "ERR" message again.

Now, I realize this isn't a big deal, but I'm kind of a stickler for having all the functionality of something I buy work as it should. And maybe it is. Maybe there are atmospheric conditions causing this to not work the last week. Maybe the atomic clock broadcast is being worked on, upgraded, changed, etc....

Anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts? Thanks!
    This. If you want it to sync every single night without fail, move to Ft Collins, CO.

Agree.
    If you normally sync but then don’t, it is atmospheric conditions impeding it. When I go to my house in Maine literally at the Eastern/Atlantic Time Zone border I never sync there. On latitude it at least 200 miles east of you.

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to G Shock 'sync' world. As above, if you want to get 100% sync, every night, you'll need to move! I'm so lucky that here in the UK the signal is super strong. All my atomic watches sync every night without fail, even left one in a drawer one and it gotta signal! If you're super anal about it, you'll maybe need to upgrade to one of the GPS syncing models...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

I live now full time in NY north of Syracuse. All my guys sync every night at 0:03. I’m about 450 miles west of my old place in Maine, and 1700 miles from Ft. Collins.
    grinch_actual likes this.

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

Signal reception can also be affected by weather and seasonal changes. Like stated above about your location, your at the outer reaches of the signal so weather will have a bigger impact on reception. On the plus side it sounds like getting a signal isn't impossible, it just might not be a nightly occurrence.

Thanks everyone, I just thought it was odd that it worked great for a week, then nothing for almost a week.
    MainePorsche likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Emsflyer84 View Post
    Thanks everyone, I just thought it was odd that it worked great for a week, then nothing for almost a week.
    Works the same way for me. My two Gs are always in the same box. Sometimes they both sync every night for weeks. Then neither of them sync for a couple of days. As far as I know there wasn't a single night when one of them synced while the other did not. So I conclude that there must be some atmospheric/weather/spiritual phenomenon that sometimes prevents Gs from syning for a few days. You are possibly encountering the same.
    grinch_actual likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miklos86 View Post
    Works the same way for me. My two Gs are always in the same box. Sometimes they both sync every night for weeks. Then neither of them sync for a couple of days. As far as I know there wasn't a single night when one of them synced while the other did not. So I conclude that there must be some atmospheric/weather/spiritual phenomenon that sometimes prevents Gs from syning for a few days. You are possibly encountering the same.
    I always shake a bag of chicken and snake bones and prey to the Dark Gods. Results are mixed, at best.
    Miklos86 likes this.

I've had my first solar / atomic square for about a week. I can't get it to sync manually in any conditions, inside or out. I'm in NYC, so I figured the airspace here is just too noisy.

However, I wake up every morning to find a sync that happened while wearing it to bed, well within a 100 year old brick building.

It's voodoo to me at this point.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information