Another newbie - with a new G-Shock!

Thread: Another newbie - with a new G-Shock!

Another newbie - with a new G-Shock!

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking in the forums here for a while and have read the posts in the G-Shock forum with much interest. I have always loved the G-Shock concept and know first-hand how they laugh off abuse, but never added to the only one I own (a G2900 bought 6 or 7 years ago and still going strong) because big black digital watches don't generally match with what I wear and I've always been a sucker for mechanicals. However, I was walking past a jewellers at the weekend and saw that they had recieved a whole new set of G-Shock models... I couldn't help but take a look at the new Atomic Solar Mudman and GW-002 models (so functional, so clever) and once I was inside I saw this new AWG-101:

In my defence, I held out almost a full 24 hours before it ended up on my wrist:

I am *really* loving this stealthy G-Shock. The analogue dial with inverse LCD 'subdials' and dark grey metal bezel make it visually quite unobtrusive but it's very nicely detailed when you look closer. I haven't captured it in the Q&D photos but that solar-panel surface dial reflects the light in a really nice way and the applied indices and different-coloured hands are very pleasing. It's way more 'wearable' than a regular G (for me at least) and packs an unbelievable amount of technology into it's shock and water-resistant case: Solar-powered, syncs with 5 different atomic clocks world-wide, cool orange LED dial lighting, world time, battery meter, timer/stopwatch and alarms... Reading through the manual (took me a while) made me realise what technical marvels these Casios really are - but you guys knew that already of course!

Greetings,
    Chris.

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Re: Another newbie - with a new G-Shock!

Welcome.

One downsize of this model is the Alarm since it got only one Daily Alarm with 10 sec preset alarming sound....but overall it's a great watch w/ many nice features.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome, from another newbie!

Willkommen !

Thread Information