Another Tough Solar Charging Question

Thread: Another Tough Solar Charging Question

Another Tough Solar Charging Question

I just purchased a MR-G 7000 2nd hand, and the battery clearly had run down because it would not operate or long at first (but was not resetting). I put in direct sunlight in my office, and it's now up to medium, but perhaps too long because the watch got quite warm before I realized that maybe it was too much time in the sun. Two questions: how long does the battery take to fully charge (still at medium despite lots of indirect sunlight) and is there a chance I damaged the battery or any of the internals? Watch otherwise works fine, although it doesn't pick up the atomic signal we well as my other atomic solar G-Shocks. I've searched the forum but there doesn't seem to be a clear answer.

Many thanks for your comments.

Re: Another Tough Solar Charging Question

The user manual should show charging rates, but in general terms natural light is far more effective than artificial light or light through a window. I doubt whether you have damaged your watch.

I have disciplined myself not to worry about the charging rate, or to make any particular arrangement for charging. I just wear them and see what happens. Sometimes a watch has taken a week to get to 'H' from a low start, sometimes three days from 'M' to 'H'.

Don't worry if it gets to 'H' and then drops back to 'M' for a while. This is quite normal.

The only time a watch has given me any problems was a pretty old 'new old stock' that had been in storage for years. It never did get beyond 'M'.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Re: Another Tough Solar Charging Question

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    The user manual should show charging rates, but in general terms natural light is far more effective than artificial light or light through a window. I doubt whether you have damaged your watch.

I have disciplined myself not to worry about the charging rate, or to make any particular arrangement for charging. I just wear them and see what happens. Sometimes a watch has taken a week to get to 'H' from a low start, sometimes three days from 'M' to 'H'.

Don't worry if it gets to 'H' and then drops back to 'M' for a while. This is quite normal.

The only time a watch has given me any problems was a pretty old 'new old stock' that had been in storage for years. It never did get beyond 'M'.
    I concur with Tribe. A medium charge doesn't necessarily mean the watch is malfunctioning. Wear it normally, try not to worry. In due time it will get up to high.

Thread Information