WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

any advantages of a "foxfire" g-shock

37K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  sml 
#1 ·
i saw there are dw-5600e and dw-6900 offered from japan with the writing "foxfire" instead of "illuminator" on the display. see pics. now i wonder if there is any technical or quality difference? i mean the watches are more expensive, thats all i can see as difference.

:think:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
there are same modules as 1545 and 1289 just little different on glass display but same old stuff on modules.

#5 ·
Hi Fonklover,

Actually there were Fox Fire models released in Europe (at least in Germany and Austria). I think you know the DW-6900H (totenkopf model) and DW-6630 models that are on eBay quite often (a few years back you always could find a dozen of each of them on the Geman eBay).

Cheers,

Sjors

#7 ·
hi sjors,
yes i know that yellow model, and they are also quite often on ebay nowadays, just some days ago i was outbit, it went for less than 15 euro, and it even was within my city to pick it up :roll:

but what i would do is, take the foxfire watch and put on the regular black bezel and band. somehow that foxfire sounds cooler than illuminator.

gerald

#8 ·
"FOX FIRE" sound meaner, badder compared to the sissy sounding "Illuminator"...just my two cents!

#9 ·
Sorry, but everytime I see 'Fox Fire', I think of the web browser 'Firefox' :).

So, I prefer 'Illuminator'.

Reactions: lordkrome
#11 ·
for me "illuminator" sounds more formal and technical than "fox fire"

#15 ·
Some of the Fox Fires that I have seen come with superior straps. The Scorpion (like Hoochy has shown) has a super comfy green jelly strap that fits me better than other G that I own. And given a chance, I'd pick a Fox Fire over a standard 6600/6900 just for the longer strap alone...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.