Any ana-digi models with measuring capacity > 1 hour?

Thread: Any ana-digi models with measuring capacity > 1 hour?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Confused Any ana-digi models with measuring capacity > 1 hour?

Having narrowed my choices down to the AWG101, G304RL, or G300 I just realized the measuring capacities on all of these is only 59'59.99".

I was hoping to use this as my everything watch - business casual, weekends, and workouts - and as such 1 hour is pretty limiting with bike rides and long runs. I originally decided to get a g-shock for timing the occasional sprint triathlon I do (I suppose I could use the limit as motivation to finish in <1hour, but that ain't gonna happen ).

Are there any similar models that have a higher measuring capacity? The GW2500s look like they might, butthat's a little more than I wanted to spend. Any ideas? And while we're at it, why does casio not just put a 24 hour capacity on all g-shocks?

Re: Any ana-digi models with measuring capacity > 1 hour?

well there's the mtg-1500, which is expensive. but cool.

two of your three models wouldn't have the physical space to fit the digits of more than an hour's time with 1/100th precision. i'm sure casio thinks that it's more impressive or useful to have a 1/100th accurate chronograph than a 24 hour one, if one had to choose.

good luck!
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Moderator G-Shock Forum

The GW-2500 features a 24h STW!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If your willing to consider a Timex, Timex Expedition ana-digi's have a 24 hour stopwatch and 24 hour countdown timer. Model T41101 comes on a bracelet.
    Last edited by twincity; November 12th, 2009 at 12:04.

Ok
    Last edited by freeman; November 12th, 2009 at 13:34.

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    The GW-2500 features a 24h STW!
    WOW pretty incredible !!

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post

...two of your three models wouldn't have the physical space to fit the digits of more than an hour's time with 1/100th precision. i'm sure casio thinks that it's more impressive or useful to have a 1/100th accurate chronograph than a 24 hour one, if one had to choose.

good luck!
    Hmm. You must be right. I tend to think no human has a response time fast enough to consistently utilize such precision... but I suppose from a marketing standpoint it does sound slightly more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by twincity View Post
    If your willing to consider a Timex, Timex Expedition ana-digi's have a 24 hour stopwatch and 24 hour countdown timer. Model T41101 comes on a bracelet.
    Thanks for the tip...initially I was considering that model. But, after seeing the devotion everyone here has for Gs I'm now dead set on one, >1hr timing capacity of not.

I would go ahead and spring for the GW2500B if it had illuminated digital readouts instead of just the analog face illuminated.

Suspended

Rather than compromise, I'd get 2 watches. Do this and your options go from very few to near infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by PeapodDog View Post
    I would go ahead and spring for the GW2500B if it had illuminated digital readouts instead of just the analog face illuminated.
    agree. casio, why do you torment us with your tradeoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by nhoJ View Post
    Rather than compromise, I'd get 2 watches. Do this and your options go from very few to near infinite.
    perfect advice. a solid digital (maybe the g7700 if you're into stopwatches) complimented by the analog / anadigi of your taste and budget.

eg
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information