Any Atomic owners in Montreal, Canada?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Any Atomic owners in Montreal, Canada?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any Atomic owners in Montreal, Canada?

I'm thinking of buying the GW700BDJ-2 but was wondering if there are any atomic watch owners in Montreal who would let me know if and how well their atomic watches work here.

Thanks,

Ismay

Re: Any Atomic owners in Montreal, Canada?

Hi Ismay,

We have Canadian members here, but I believe I can't remember Montreal. Reports from NYC say the reception is not very good threre. I believe Montreal is in the same line, seen from Fort Collins. I don't dare to say anything over the reception there. Also in a big city the reception might be worse, due to the concrete and steel buildings...

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Banned

I think Timothy Patrick has an atomic model and he gets a signal by him. Maybe check with him to see where he lives, I can't remeber right now .

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: Any Atomic owners in Montreal, Canada?

Timothy lives in Timmins, in the North of Ontario.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Signal strength is just fine in the Boston Massachusetts area. I have had my atomic sync just fine when I visit my brother in Ottawa, so unless you are surrounded by big buildings, etc. you should be just fine. I would check with a local store to find out, but you are within range of the Fort Collins signal. Sometimes bad weather will not let the signal through in the Boston area, but it's usually only for 1 night or so.

I like the watch, but the atomic feature is a big draw for me and if doesn't work in Montreal I'd probably pick another watch... so I'll wait for a Montrealer... there must be one!

ismay

The atomic feature works fine in MTL (I live near Beri uqam).

Moderator Emeritus

I live in Timmins Ontario Canada and I have a MTG-950 black force and I have owned this watch for two years now. My watch sits in the south window of my kitchen and updates 3 times a night without fail...every night!! There has never been a night in which it failed to update. I would consider the signal here to be constant and reliable.

I took my watch with me when I visited my brother who lives about an hour north of Belleville in SE Ontario and it updated without fail there too.

Hope this is helpful.

Tim

Hi, Ismay:

Newbie here. (I've been lurking for a few months now.)

I used MS Streets and Trips to 'rough out' the number of kilometres various posters with atomic time signal Gs are from Fort Collins:

I'm in Edmonton (1610 km from Ft. Collins), and I have no problem receiving the signal. (My GW-002KA just lies on the dresser in a north-facing room and receives the signal perfectly every night.)

Timothy Patrick in Timmins, ON is approx. 2090 km from the signal. He says he has no problem.

Montreal and NYC are both approx. 2630 km from the signal. Cristobal says he has no problem.

Snowback in Boston, Mass. is approx. 2840 km from the signal. He says he has no problem.

All this suggest you should not have any problems receiving the signal in MTL.

Cheers.

Tim Yip
    Edmonton, AB

I decided to call Casio Canada and they said with certainty that the atomic watches work in Montreal - and combined with your comments, I'm going to buy it (eBay). Thanks.

ismay
    Motorcycle Man likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information