WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Any DW-6300 (First) Frogman owners out there ?

5K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Allgshock 
#1 ·
... I finally joined the club and I am expecting my first (REAL) Frogman in a week or two. I say "real" because I got taken by a fake few years back :roll: I know the incoming one is real though. AND it is a DW-6300 First Model in unused condition w/ box and tags :-! . Now don't hate me all you Frogman aficionados. But as cool as I think the name "Frogman" is , I really wasn't too keen on seeing it on the bezel (maybe because I was a Marine lol). But the DW-6300 doesn't have it on the bezel and I REALLY like the frog on the caseback b-) . I think the reason I love the Frogman look so much is that it's pure "form follows function". It's look is so unique you KNOW from the outline what it is. I expect I'll end up getting a Rusty black (subdued lettering ;-) ) modern day solar model one of these days too. Any pics of your DW-6300 would be great and Thanks for Reading -Ronbo

#4 ·
Congrats! The 6300 is the only Frog I own. I'm the third owner that I know of, but could be wrong on that account. It's in great shape for its age and I love it. I also love how it doesn't say Frogman on it. I want to know how u keep getting these BNIB classics! I'm starting to get jealous!! Here's mine with an alternate dyed band. I took the blue one off for the time being to preserve it because I love to wear this watch.

Sent from the Office of the Reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas

#6 ·
Hi guys, i'm new to gshocks, more than a month only.
just a little story on my DW6300; i saw this watch at a second hand store, at first i did not know what it is, i looked it up here at WUS, then i decided to buy it the following day. it was a bit dirty so i cleaned it up by removing the bezel, then suddenly it broke into pieces. stupid me, i should have cleaned it with the bezel on.
it took me hours to put it back together again with a loctite. here's how it looks now.

#8 ·
I had one too and when I went to install a new battery, the resin crumbled....so......I thought to removed the bits and ...guess what? I liked the look of it!!!! cleaned it up and it made a great semi Steampunk watch!!!! I kid you not! A member loved it so much that i sold it to him!

#11 ·
I got this used from ebay a year ago. It's quite well used. Tried taking the bezel off to give it a cleaning and it had gone hard and brittle, so I stopped. Here's a couple of shots in it's element. As far as I can tell the band looks original and in good shape, just faded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.