Any GW-2500-1AER happy owner ??

Thread: Any GW-2500-1AER happy owner ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any GW-2500-1AER happy owner ??

How's the watch holding up ?? I want to take a break from full digital but at the same time I don't want to go back to my automatics yet.

Re: Any GW-2500-1AER happy owner ??

Got one and had zero issues in three months of daily wear...
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. John Bernard Books (The Shootist):

I own this close cousin, the GW-2500b, and it has held up to everything I've thrown at it - as tough as any other G in every respect. In fact, for me, it is probably as close to the "perfect G" as I'll ever get!
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Doug507 View Post
    I own this close cousin, the GW-2500b, and it has held up to everything I've thrown at it - as tough as any other G in every respect. In fact, for me, it is probably as close to the "perfect G" as I'll ever get!
    Mine has been great as well.

Lovely watches guys,thanks for sharing.

I've heard that lumen is a bit of a hit or miss to some,I've seen some shot around the web and I can't wait to see that misterious LED in the flesh.

The LED works just fine to read the time in the dark - most of the time you won't need it anyway because of the lumed hands:

It does even light up the lower LCD - so theoretically you could even use the stopwatch/timer in the dark, at least on the positive display version GW-2500B - don't know if it works on the negative display - never felt the need so far however . It's also very useful as an emergency flashlight - I use it sometimes when working late at night and I don't wanna disturb the Mrs when going to bed .
    I strongly recommend getting the "B" version because of the positive display.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

+1

this is one my favourite modern/current G-Shock (along with GW9200 and GW6900)

it got good list of features, analog hand so the current time display in all modes, mode change is "mute" by default, snooze alarm (which none of the full analog G has), can show 3 timezone at the same time, large metal buttons

and it looks awesome, not many G has grey ion platted metal bezel, and the orange-ish LCD looks great with the case and orange hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug507 View Post

Yes,positive display always worked out better for me,unfortunately I don't like the darker bezel on the positive one.I really dig the sharp contrast bewteen black strap and steel bezel of the negative display. Since the first source of informations about time reading will be the hands I may get brave and go for the negative version.
    I wonder if there's any place I can find one in London( I'll be there this weekend) without forcing my wife to take the underground to Spitalfields once again,she would kill me fot that now...

Quote Originally Posted by gettocard View Post
    I wonder if there's any place I can find one in London( I'll be there this weekend) without forcing my wife to take the underground to Spitalfields once again,she would kill me fot that now...
    It shouldn't be that hard to find in regular Casio stockists.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

You can find one here, at the G-shock London Store.

G-Shock East

Mine says hello :)

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600M
    Breitling Superocean II
    Citizen Promaster Carbon JY0075-54E
    Seiko Automatic Chronograph 6138-8020 'Panda'
    Oris BC4 Small Second, Pointer Date

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information