Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thread: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to get some information. I currently have the G-Shock G2300B. I have had this watch since 2002 or 2003. The watch has been amazing and has lasted through numerous deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan and numerous excercises. I give most the credit, besides the awesome quality and solar recharge, to the band. It has the greatest band I have ever used. I am about to upgrade to the G-Shock GW7900B-1 military black watch. My question is if I purchase a replacement G2300B band, is there an adapter to place that band on the new GW7900B-1 watch I am going to purchase? I'm looking forward to this new watch but will always be skeptical of resin bands in my line of work, I have lost to many. If I could place the G2300B band on it....it would be an amazing watch. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Re: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if it is possible, but others members must know

But in case, another possibility would be to buy a GW-7900 with a non resin bad

Like these two for example

Name:  GW-7900MS-3.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  28.4 KBName:  GW-7900BMS-1.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  25.4 KB

Thanks for the help manchou, appreciate it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I guess the adaptors from Tiktox, westcoasttime or Countycomm will do the trick (as long as the 7900 has 16 mm springbars, that is). I agree that the 2300 B has a very nice strap, quite different from most double layer G-Shock straps and as comfy as a Nato/Zulu.

I do not know how large the watch case is at the point where the adaptors meet the case, but the adaptors are 28 mm wide where they meet the case. They accept 24 mm straps perfectly.

I think i have seen pics of a 7900 on a Zulu here recently...can´t find it right now.

Am I right in remembering that the adapters need a little sharp knife 'persuasion' to fit the 7900?
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

i am not sure, but with our search function as helpful as it is i could not find the thread i have in mind with the pics of the adaptors on a 7900. Hackd, maybe you could try the adaptors of your 2300B first , just to make sure they fit conveniently, although those are a bit different to the ones mentioned above

Thanks all, I will try the suggestions. I appreciate it.

Thread Information