Any love out there for the Police Captain?

Thread: Any love out there for the Police Captain?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any love out there for the Police Captain?

The GW056E was my first G, and quickly became my go-to watch.

I like that it is smart but unobtrusive, futuristically styled but with no unnecessary bulges. Fits under any shirt sleeve. Charges itself, synchs itself, is frugal and reliable.

Now I want something different. What other G's would you recommend for me?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Any love out there for the Police Captain?

There are many good models out there : GWM5600, GW6900, GW9100, etc
    But similar to the description you gave of your GW056, I would recommend the G7710/G7700.
    Very good module, one of the best ever made for Gshocks, with an elegant and smart profile, and ten year battery.

G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

I have a GW-056E but I was unaware of the name Police Captain... Care to elaborate please?
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlazE View Post
    I have a GW-056E but I was unaware of the name Police Captain... Care to elaborate please?
    Sounds like one of those names that Casio gives to mainland European releases. The names aren't used in the UK (or the rest of the world, as far as I know).
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

G 7700 series one great watch, too bad I've sold mine. If you're travelling through different time zones it's THE watch to have.

Quote Originally Posted by freeman View Post
    There are many good models out there : GWM5600, GW6900, GW9100, etc
    But similar to the description you gave of your GW056, I would recommend the G7710/G7700.
    Very good module, one of the best ever made for Gshocks, with an elegant and smart profile, and ten year battery.

Many thanks for the suggestion, but this one doesn't really do it for me. I'm looking for something with maturity but some attitude as well. The closest thing I have seen to this is the GW7900B but I don't like the fake screws. I bought a stealthy GA100 but I feel too old for it.

I'm also getting tired of the police captain. Is this an inevitable outcome for G addicts?

I would recommend the gd-100. I actually bought the watch today and love it. It is a new watch so you may not have seen it, but I think it really stands out over the other G-shock watches. I looked at many. It is big, but I think it has attitude and is designed with a nice style. I tried on others, but the size and very modern look of this watch just set it apart for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch Buyer View Post
    I would recommend the gd-100. I actually bought the watch today and love it. It is a new watch so you may not have seen it, but I think it really stands out over the other G-shock watches. I looked at many. It is big, but I think it has attitude and is designed with a nice style. I tried on others, but the size and very modern look of this watch just set it apart for me.
    He He I like your username
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

Interesting, this appears to have the same case as the G100 with a different dial, thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by proodscot View Post
    Interesting, this appears to have the same case as the G100 with a different dial, thanks for the suggestion.
    I meant the GA100. Like how it says PARTY in the top part of the display.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information