Any new Atomic/Solar models coming down the pike this year or next?

Thread: Any new Atomic/Solar models coming down the pike this year or next?

Any new Atomic/Solar models coming down the pike this year or next?

I really got hit with the G-Shock bug this past year buying 10 of them after only owning 3 GW5600-1Js since 2006. Any new models on the horizon? I am pretty keen on the 5600 design. I do have a couple GW6900s, GW7900s and an orange GX-56 but I still prefer 5600s.

Re: Any new Atomic/Solar models coming down the pike this year or next?

Well the 30th Anniversary special Rising Red edition is coming in October ... GWM5630A-4

Pretty slick colorway ...

There's also the new GWM5610 w/ Multiband 6, 24HR CDT, and 24 Stopwatch that came out that replaces the outgoing GWM5600.

There's also the military series variant that just came out too. GWM5610kg.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

zaskar, thanks but I meant new models, not current models.

I have several models you list as new models:

* GW-M5610 that I bought used even, several months ago.

* GW-M5610-1H "The Hundreds" / QTY (2)

* GW-M-5610BC (negative display with combi bracelet) is in transit from Canada from a WUS member I just purchased it from USED a few days ago.

* G5600KG-3 I've had this since May of 2012, so not exactly new at all. Yes it is the non atomic version of the one you posted, but the atomic version has been out for about as long and maybe even before the non atomic version.

I've also seen the lime green and orange accented GW-M5610s available since this summer or last spring, but they are not my cup of tea.

Maybe I should have worded my thread title as in: "What future G-Shocks for 4th Q of 2012 and 1st Q of 2013 going to be?"
    Last edited by tic-toc/g-shock; September 29th, 2012 at 16:19.

GW-A1000 cams out this year but in Q2 i believe, other than that, nothing, I suspect the MRG line is due for a release next year, so that may be a new model

We are not aware of any new modules coming out this year or next. But considering Casio are working on consolidating certain lines such as the Aviators, Masters Of G, MTG, and MRG into a joint Premium G-Shock brand. Then the current Riseman and Gulfman (that are of an older mid-2000 generation) do not quite fit. Casio upgraded the Frogman in 2009 and the Mudman in 2011. So my best guess is that we will see a brand new Gulfman or Riseman next year. If Casio follows the same path as the last time the Master Of G started in 2006 with the Mudman in 2006 and then the Gulfman in 2007, then next should be the Gulfman.

Will be very interesting to see a brand new Master G arise in next year....
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; September 29th, 2012 at 22:15.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

So basically I should go back in hibernation if I were to be expecting a few new Solar Atomic 5600s to be released next year then? I think I pretty much have all of the interesting solar atomic 5600s that have been introduced since 2006 when I bought my first GW5600. Probably hasn't even been a year I've been checking out what I've been missing since 2006 and I think I caught up already. I don't think I'd like the waiting around 2 years or so just for a new model and then it's some gaudy color or something that would turn me off. Better to check back in 5 years or so and then play catch up for a few months to buy the 5 or so interesting models again.

Quote Originally Posted by tic-toc/g-shock View Post
    So basically I should go back in hibernation if I were to be expecting a few new Solar Atomic 5600s to be released next year then? I think I pretty much have all of the interesting solar atomic 5600s that have been introduced since 2006 when I bought my first GW5600. Probably hasn't even been a year I've been checking out what I've been missing since 2006 and I think I caught up already. I don't think I'd like the waiting around 2 years or so just for a new model and then it's some gaudy color or something that would turn me off. Better to check back in 5 years or so and then play catch up for a few months to buy the 5 or so interesting models again.
    The atomic 5600s just got updated with the 3159 module, so I would imagine that if there is an update in the atomic 5600/5000 atomic module it would be with the gw-5000 and then trickle down a couple of years later to the 5600s. The 3159 was introduced, 2009 I think, and it barely made it to the 5600s, with the exception of the gw-s5600 which was almost as expensive as the gw-5000.

So yes, if your looking for atomic 5600s/5000 with new modules then I think your good for a while. I plan to hibernate after I receive two more pieces until a new gw-5000 and/or a new mrg is released.

The GW-M5630, is not a new module but the gold tone and pixels or pattern, not sure how to describe, looks very interesting.

Name:  GWM5630A-4_30th_rising_red.jpg
Views: 1664
Size:  186.1 KB

I did forget about that the 5600 bluetooth is a new module, it is releasing in november

Name:  Casio-G-Shock-GB-6900AA-And-GB-5600AA.jpg
Views: 2193
Size:  89.5 KB
    Last edited by Fer Guzman; September 29th, 2012 at 18:36.

Casio doesn't generally provide advance notice of upcoming models every quarter, so we can only guess.. However, sometimes new Q4 releases are leaked, like in this blog for example. There are a couple new solar atomics if you check through the list. Keep in mind these are to be released in Japan, if and when any of these will be released worldwide is anyone's guess.

Fer Guzman, I wasn't meaning updated modules, I was referring to new MODELS like a different color scheme for a current watch they have, like say a satin black / charcoal grey version of a G-lide GXW model, or a KG-3 version of the GW5000, things like that.

What's the story of the bluetooth 5600s in the pictures above? Seems gimmicky at best. Is Casio going for the Sharp Wizard crowd back to the 1990s? Oh wait they already did with their DataBank watches.

Even with improvement with memory advances exponentially in computers from the 80s till now, I doubt any of those advances actually made the leap to watches in those many years.

It's probably no surprise that even current day G-Shocks still don't have the memory of the earliest Sharp Wizards that had what 64 kilobytes of memory back in what 1989/1990?
    Last edited by tic-toc/g-shock; September 29th, 2012 at 21:56.

Thread Information