Any one got any experience with Nixon watches
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any one got any experience with Nixon watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Off topic Any one got any experience with Nixon watches

Hi gang Im looking at a Nixon 42-20, anyone have any experience with this or any other Nixon watches. Info on build quality, materials etce etc would be a great help
    thanks

Re: Any one got any experience with Nixon watches

search the forum and find some thoughts like this:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=295106

my impression is they are cheap fashion watches targeted towards non-watch people.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

My wife has one - nothing but reliable.
    I have one - fine for a year then started going wrong. Sent it back, they didn't fix it AND it cost me a lot too. Since then I've not been interested in them.
    Lots have them down here (Cornwall, UK) because they are seen as being a bit surfy. They look nice but don't work very well. A bit like Paris Hilton.
    JohnQFord likes this.
    Seiko SKZ7211J Atlas /Landshark (Japan version) automatic
    Casio G Shock GS1100 Giez, GT006 and GWX-8900
    Suunto Ambit3 Nepal Edition

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Concur with the above. Wouldn't look at them I'm afraid.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thanks just looked at the thread, interesting, a case of looking good but not much inside, I think ill steer clear, dankershen

DO NOT BUY! I had 3 of them, 2 were flawed.

Nixon watch #1: The auto illumination setting would turn off by itself. Whenever I turned it back on it would turn off like an hour later. Nixon said it was flawed, so I sent it back and Nixon gave me a replacement with the same problem. I sent it back again and got yet another with the same problem. I gave up and swapped it for a completely different watch.

Nixon watch #2: Dust under the crystal and hour/minute hands were off (they would not line up at the top of the hour). I sent it back to Nixon and got a replacement with no dust, but with the same hour/minute hand problem. Sent it back for a 2nd time and finally received one with accurate hour/minute hands.

All but Nixon's most expensive watches are made in China. Please do not buy Nixon, they're crap.
    Currently:

Rolex Milgauss 116400GV
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Omega Seamaster 300M ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003.007.90210.WTF.BBQ.LOL.187.911. 12345
    Omega Seamaster 300M 2254.50.00
    Omega Seamaster 166.002
    Seiko SKX007K2
    Seiko SARB035
    G-Shock
    GMWB5000D-1

Quote Originally Posted by gangreen View Post
    Hi gang Im looking at a Nixon 42-20, anyone have any experience with this or any other Nixon watches. Info on build quality, materials etce etc would be a great help
    thanks
    Nixon watches, hhhm.
    Over the years I've ordered 3 and returned 3. In my opinion and experience, and it is only my opinion, they're best left well alone (dust under crystal, dubious quality, expensive for what they really are - i.e. low quality watches), incorrect specs given etc, etc etc).
    Look elsewhere and you'll be happy.
    Last edited by Pelican; November 2nd, 2009 at 22:11.

Nixon has some interesting and unique styling. Im sure the movement is some sort of OEM from China or something. More to the aesthetic than the quality. Nixon is a Burton Snowboards owned brand.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

I may be in the minority here, but I have 4 Nixon watches of the Rover family. I have had them for 3 years or so. Granted that I don't wear them that often because I feel more comfortable wearing a G-Shock, but I haven't had any problem so far. So, in my experience, they look cool and work ok. Of course, they are neither tough nor high-end watches and they are a bit overpriced, especially in Europe. But still, I think they are among the nicest watches in my collection.

Cool Re: Any one got any experience with Nixon watches

worked at a surf shop in college and one of our most popular watches was a nixon tide watch. these days i hear the "lodown" tide watch is the best. it has preprogrammed tides for the most popular coastal areas all around the world with info for like 20 years. in my opinion this is the best way to go with tide watches if you are a true surfer/traveler as tides are not always the 6.25 hour intervals and you'll never have to adjust when traveling. stay away from most of the analog tide watches for this reason. other than that, i would steer clear of any of these surf/fashion companies for watches. g shocks are the real action sports watch as you can actually take them out into the elements and they'll survive. like others have said, a lot of these "surf" companies are simply form, not function. you are paying for a name, not quality in most cases. hope this helps and stick with the G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information