Any other language besides English for Casio watches?

Thread: Any other language besides English for Casio watches?

Any other language besides English for Casio watches?

I was curious to see if Casio ever made a watch with an alternate language from English? I'm sure that the programming wouldn't be that big of change & I'm sure that there must be a market for it as well. Seiko often made their day wheels with multiple languages (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese & even Roman numerals) & it has made some of their watches more collectible. Has anyone ever seen anything besides English on their digital watches?

Re: Any other language besides English for Casio watches?

I've had a couple with Japanese LCD information, but I sold them because I couldn't read it! They weren't G-shocks, though, just random Casio gimmick watches.

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by Snowback View Post
    I was curious to see if Casio ever made a watch with an alternate language from English? I'm sure that the programming wouldn't be that big of change & I'm sure that there must be a market for it as well. Seiko often made their day wheels with multiple languages (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese & even Roman numerals) & it has made some of their watches more collectible. Has anyone ever seen anything besides English on their digital watches?

It depends on the display area's height, if it only has 7 dots for the height it's just enough for characters like ABC, 123...

- 7x5 grid : good for Latin characters, very simple symbols.

- 16x16 grid : good for Latin characters + Symbols + Simple non-Latin characters.

- 24x24 grid : good for most languages.

So it doesn't just require programming, but a little of hardware too.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lvt

In this hybrid text we can see that simple Chinese words can be squeezed in a 12x12 grid, but this resolution might not be good enough for complex words (eg Traditional Chinese).

Name:  Energy_saving_COG_graphic_LCD_module.JPG
Views: 772
Size:  62.1 KB
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

I think you can change the language of the day of week in several Casios: DB-36, WV-59, AQ-S810W (just examples).

Cheers, Piowa

Probably not what you meant, but it is Chinese

I think the DW-9350 Raysman was the first model that had both ISO Latin Script (English) characters as Kanji characters. The GW-100 (Antman) has only Kanji interface. Luckily there is also the Japanese only manual .

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thread Information