Any pictures of the MRG-8100B movement?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Any pictures of the MRG-8100B movement?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any pictures of the MRG-8100B movement?

Hey Guy's,
    I've been looking, without any success, for pictures of the MRG-8100B movement.
    I have heard that there are some gold 'bits' inside, I wanted to know if any of you can point
    me in the right direction to see actual pictures of the movement itself?
    I'm ready to buy one, just waiting on Seiya to respond to my email to pay for it.
    And NO, I'm not going to wait for mine to arrive.....and then take the back off!

Re: Any pictures of the MRG-8100B movement?

Google Images isn't much help, probably because there aren't many people who take the back off their brand-new (and expensive) solar/atomic watch just to look inside.

Since that model is only a few years old, there probably aren't ANY people who have needed to take the back off to replace the battery yet, and there probably won't be for another ten or fifteen years!

Enjoy your new watch once you get it, but please don't become the forum's latest "Obsessive-Compulsive Guy" who starts asking if it's okay to shower, swim, or SLEEP while wearing your watch.
    Rocat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Google Images isn't much help, probably because there aren't many people who take the back off their brand-new (and expensive) solar/atomic watch just to look inside.

Since that model is only a few years old, there probably aren't ANY people who have needed to take the back off to replace the battery yet, and there probably won't be for another ten or fifteen years!

Enjoy your new watch once you get it, but please don't become the forum's latest "Obsessive-Compulsive Guy" who starts asking if it's okay to shower, swim, or SLEEP while wearing your watch.

I know Google images isn't much help, I've tried on there.
    The pictures I was referring too, were one's maybe taken by Casio to highlight the movement quality in their flagship model.
    I wasn't expecting people to have taken the backs off their new watchs.....just to have a look inside.
    Why on Earth would you think I may become the forums latest 'Obsessive-Compulsive Guy' based on my question about the movement ?, that defies logic.
    Finally, I have no intention in asking such inane questions as, 'can I swim in my watch' etc, I'm merely interested in the quality of the movement!
    Last edited by HiggsBoson; August 2nd, 2015 at 19:29.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by spikeyadrian View Post
    Hey Guy's,
    I've been looking, without any success, for pictures of the MRG-8100B movement.
    I have heard that there are some gold 'bits' inside, I wanted to know if any of you can point
    me in the right direction to see actual pictures of the movement itself?
    I'm ready to buy one, just waiting on Seiya to respond to my email to pay for it.
    And NO, I'm not going to wait for mine to arrive.....and then take the back off!
    I don't know about the 8100b specifically but generally speaking the modules of the MRG are nothing special. They usually recycle some other watch movement and put it in a fancy case with a nice bracelet. You buy an mrg for the quality of the case and bracelet not so much the movement (generally speaking). It is kind of like a Lexus vs. Toyota thing...

There may be some variations and exceptions but this has been my experience owning and opening 5 different mrg watches from various eras

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    I don't know about the 8100b specifically but generally speaking the modules of the MRG are nothing special. They usually recycle some other watch movement and put it in a fancy case with a nice bracelet. You buy an mrg for the quality of the case and bracelet not so much the movement (generally speaking). It is kind of like a Lexus vs. Toyota thing...

There may be some variations and exceptions but this has been my experience owning and opening 5 different mrg watches from various eras
    I saw a small Casio advertising photo in which the movement 'looked' Gold coloured and I did read somewhere that it had genuine Gold parts, not sure which parts though!
    Problem was, for me anyway, the picture text was in Japanese....not my strong point.
    I have had a MRG 220-T in the past and that movement seemed, to my eye, rather run-of-the-mill.
    I was maybe expecting more from this movement as the watch is quite expensive.
    I'm not expecting the same quality as the Grand Seiko quartz movement of course!

Quote Originally Posted by spikeyadrian View Post
    Why on Earth would you think I may become the forums latest 'Obsessive-Compulsive Guy' based on my question about the movement ?, that defies logic.
    First you asked about what battery that model takes, then you go looking for pictures of the relatively obscure model's movement.

You're going to have to trust me on this one, because I really DON'T feel like digging up old threads and their tinfoil hat craziness today, but you started at the same types of "point A" and "point B" as those other people did -- so a similar destination for your next couple of threads WERE a quite logical possibility!

(On the other hand, you have been here a while, this isn't your first watch, and you DID recently comment in another "can I wear my watch swimming?" thread. )
    Last edited by Mike K; August 2nd, 2015 at 22:55.

C'mon, cut him some slack, guys.

He's been here longer than most of us.
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

Hey Johnny,
    That's a great looking watch......but it's not the one I'm after.
    It's the MRG-8100B-1AJF I'm after and it's still current.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information