Any references for someone who do a dial swap on an AW500?

Thread: Any references for someone who do a dial swap on an AW500?

Any references for someone who do a dial swap on an AW500?

Casio repair might be able to do this, but I was hoping to find a hobbiest who knows these watches who might be able to help me out. I have an AW500 complete module that I'd like to take the dial from and swap it with the one in my other fully NOS AW500. I'd prefer doing just the dial rather than the whole module because of the poorer condition of the module.
    "My grail showed up today"

Re: Any references for someone who do a dial swap on an AW500?

Any basic watch repair person could do this. Whether they would elect to is another story...
    The local battery/strap kiosk at my neighborhood Rite-Aid will do stuff like that. I had an analog Casio dive watch restored by them with a new crown,stem,movement. Just call around

Quote Originally Posted by Valaker View Post
    Any basic watch repair person could do this. Whether they would elect to is another story...
    The local battery/strap kiosk at my neighborhood Rite-Aid will do stuff like that. I had an analog Casio dive watch restored by them with a new crown,stem,movement. Just call around
    Interesting and scary - all at the same time!. As one who has a good collection of nice watches, to me, those modules look pretty solid. The movement needs to be pulled out and the hands removed and then replaced. Not anything I'd ever trust a Rite-Aid to do. Was hopefully looking for a Casio expert who knew the fine points. The one I want to swap into is from 1989; The donor is from the same.
    Last edited by mrsnak; March 15th, 2011 at 04:52.
    "My grail showed up today"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not to beat a dead horse but what you're describing is what a lot a Seiko folks do on a regular basis- a cut and dry job, if you willl. The watch guy at my Rite aid is part of a private watch repair chain. Just happen to be in a lame drugstore. Would I trust them with a fine mechanical? no, but a simple dial swap is no biggie

Quote Originally Posted by mrsnak View Post
    Interesting and scary - all at the same time!. As one who has a good collection of nice watches, to me, those modules look pretty solid. The movement needs to be pulled out and the hands removed and then replaced. Not anything I'd ever trust a Rite-Aid to do. Was hopefully looking for a Casio expert who knew the fine points. The one I want to swap into is from 1989; The donor is from the same.
    Wise decision. The early ana-digitals are actually easier to work on compared to the current ones, but they had more parts to lose and were more delicate. Please take it to someone who knows their G-Shocks (better than Casio Service Center). Either that or leave it, don't wish to see a NOS ruined!
    When the Going Gets Tough... Get a G-Shock!

Thread Information