Any Rugby enthusiasts?

Thread: Any Rugby enthusiasts?

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member AndyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    1,362

    Any Rugby enthusiasts?

    Great day tomorrow.
    I have two tickets for the Wales v Scotland Rugby International. Off topic? No. I shall be wearing my trusty Casio GW-9000-1JF and my son will be wearing his PAW1200.
    Maybe photo's to follow

    Best regards
    Andy
    Rolex Sea-Dweller
    Breitling Chrono Avenger Titanium.
    Doxa Sub 750T Pro CC.
    Stowa Seatime.
    Aristo Dakar
    Mudman GW-9000-1JF
    PAW1300T-7VCR
    Gulfman G-9100-2ER
    GW-M5600-1ER

  2. #2
    Member ecalzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ita
    Posts
    7,215

    Re: Any Rugby enthusiasts?

    yeah..i like rugby...
    maybe italy will be better.....
    wear your watch in good healt.....
    watches are meant to tell times..

  3. #3
    Member dudegalea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK, EU
    Posts
    1,249

    Re: Any Rugby enthusiasts?

    Rugby?

    It moved to Anthorn, didn't it?


  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member AndyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    1,362

    Re: Any Rugby enthusiasts?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecalzo View Post
    yeah..i like rugby...
    maybe italy will be better.....
    wear your watch in good healt.....
    And good luck to Italy Ecalzo. Saw them draw against Wales last time they were in Cardiff. Their time will come.
    Funds permitting I may get to see them again on the 23rd.

    Best regards
    Andy
    Rolex Sea-Dweller
    Breitling Chrono Avenger Titanium.
    Doxa Sub 750T Pro CC.
    Stowa Seatime.
    Aristo Dakar
    Mudman GW-9000-1JF
    PAW1300T-7VCR
    Gulfman G-9100-2ER
    GW-M5600-1ER

  6. #5
    Member bluegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    brisbane, australia
    Posts
    5,160

    Re: Any Rugby enthusiasts?

    I'm an ol' rugby player.

    Uggh...the WC was such an anti-climax. Three best teams didn't make the final but at least the French tarts were tasty.

  7. #6
    Member ecalzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ita
    Posts
    7,215

    Re: Any Rugby enthusiasts?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    And good luck to Italy Ecalzo. Saw them draw against Wales last time they were in Cardiff. Their time will come.
    Funds permitting I may get to see them again on the 23rd.
    Best regards
    Andy

    Thanks a lot....
    I know that many other rugby teams does have
    an ancient story and more skills...
    but i hope italian team will grow up...
    watches are meant to tell times..

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    258

    Re: Any Rugby enthusiasts?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    I'm an ol' rugby player.

    Uggh...the WC was such an anti-climax. Three best teams didn't make the final but at least the French tarts were tasty.
    The cable channel that airs a lot of rugby and soccer and things was showing for free (one of those free preview type of deals) one of the weekends the World Cup was on. As an American who knows little of rugby, I will admit that I watched rugby all weekend long! I loved it and watched game after game. Such an entertaining sport when played at a high level!

    Some say that football (American) requires a higher level of skill to play the specialized sport it has become, and that may be so, but the action of high level rugby, I think, is more exciting to the spectator than high level football.

    Um, so that's my long winded way to say that I do like rugby. I also like Casios to keep this watch related!

  9. #8
    Member bluegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    brisbane, australia
    Posts
    5,160

    Re: Any Rugby enthusiasts?

    Quote Originally Posted by buffalohead View Post
    Some say that football (American) requires a higher level of skill to play the specialized sport it has become, and that may be so, but the action of high level rugby, I think, is more exciting to the spectator than high level football.

    Um, so that's my long winded way to say that I do like rugby. I also like Casios to keep this watch related!
    I think it's much easier for an American to get into rugby than non-yanks like me to get into grid iron, mainly because as you say, once you're used to the speed and continuous play of rugby (when the ref isn't imposing himself), US football seems too stop start and drawn out. Plus we have an ethical issue with players wearing protective padding.

    The real question is why didn't Casio make some nice LE's for the Rugby WC like they did for Soccer WC?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •