Any strap/adapter options for GW810D-1A?

Thread: Any strap/adapter options for GW810D-1A?

Any strap/adapter options for GW810D-1A?

I guess the subject line says it all! I just ordered one, and plan to use it as my hiking/outdoors/take all the abuse I throw at it watch. I live in the desert, and wonder if there's a replacement strap available that isn't stainless steel, or if any of the adapters that allow the use of NATO type straps will work with this watch. Stainless gets very hot in the summer here, so it would be nice to switch to something non-metal for the summer, then back to stainless for the rest of the year.

Thanks for any info!

Re: Any strap/adapter options for GW810D-1A?

there are strap versin of the GW800/810, so you should be able to get the rubber for it.

but i have not seen people trying to a strap adaptor for it

Thanks, I'll do a little hunting for a rubber strap - any seller suggestions? I'm newly interested in G-Shocks. It occurred to me that with regard to just about everything else, I like tough as nails mixed with new technology, but I'd been buying automatic watches! I've now sold off all but two automatics (it would be all but one, except my Alpha 24 hour isn't really worth enough to bother selling) and replaced them with Eco-Drives, and now a G-Shock. Really, when driving a Jeep Wrangler or Toyota 4-Runner with a 3" racing suspension lift and rock-sliders in place of the running boards, what's more appropriate than a G-Shock?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by constant change View Post
    Really, when driving a Jeep Wrangler or Toyota 4-Runner with a 3" racing suspension lift and rock-sliders in place of the running boards, what's more appropriate than a G-Shock?
    I'm glad my watches don't form a stylistic union with my Vauxhall Vectra.

Although maybe one or two of them do, now that I come to think about it...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I do drive a Opel (Vauxhall) Vectra Estate myself. I believe it has something in common with the G-Shock line (at least from my point of view). It does what it is supposed to do without attempting to impress others - at least i see my Vectra and my DW 5600 that way.

All very true, lowtech.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I solved the problem, I ordered a new, but display model, Gw500A. Since it's going to be a hiking-in-the-desert-in-summer watch, I don't mind that it's a store display model, and it was only $50. I'll use the GW810D-1A the rest of the year. I like the feel of a little heft on my wrist, which is why I ordered the steel bracelet model. Anything steel becomes virtually (or not so virtually) untouchable when in the sun in temperatures over 110F!

Thread Information