Any Suunto fans here?

Thread: Any Suunto fans here?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any Suunto fans here?

I know there's a Suunto forum, but that's uncharted territory for me.

Just wondering if anyone here has had any exposure to Suunto, and how they compare with G-SHOCKs?

I've got my eye on the Suunto Core.

Re: Any Suunto fans here?

I have a SUUNTO Vector I've worn to work every day since I got it. Love it. Its actually taken the place of my G-Shock as a daily beater for now. I was torn between the Vector and the PAW-1200. Went with the SUUNTO because I've always drooled over them. I love the look of the Pathfinder (and will likely order one anyhow), but the SUUNTO seems a bit more accurate.

My unorganized and half coherent two cents.

I have a Vector which is alright. It feels a bit cheap and plasticky though. The screen is also plastic and prone to scratches. It doesn't seem any more accurate than my PRG80T and doesn't feel anywhere near as solid.
    I wouldn't get swept onto the Core bandwagon if I were you, my Suunto is nice enough but overpriced for what it is in my opinion. ( I know others will disagree)

Watches are frickin evil!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm not at all sold on the Core. I got a good deal on the Vector so I took it. Feels cheap... I don't completely disagree. I absolutely hate the bezel. It is quite light (took a bit of getting over). As I mentioned above I've always wanted a SUUNTO so it took precedence over the Pathfinder.
    One absolutely annoying and loathesome feature is that you can't set the Vector to display seconds instead of mon/day (or both at the same time... I KNOW BLOODY WELL TODAY IS MONDAY!!!). Drives me absolutely batty having to hit a button to see the seconds.
    I'd buy one again, though. Fascination wins a lot of debates.

Laughing Re: Any Suunto fans here?

Quote Originally Posted by Unit 91 View Post
    I KNOW BLOODY WELL TODAY IS MONDAY!!!
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

... Drives me absolutely batty having to hit a button to see the seconds...
    you can always look at the seconds ticking away, going around, near the bezel...

i've got the black inverted vector and the x6. i bought the x6 a long time ago and got the vector on a good deal from a friend. i used to wear them a lot more than nowadays, the g-shocks see a lot more wrist time these days.

they performed flawlessly. i just seem to leave them in the drawer when the time comes to choose...

anyway.. here they are:

Quote Originally Posted by maique View Post
    you can always look at the seconds ticking away, going around, near the bezel...
    Kind of. Because there are 360 degrees to a circle and 60 seconds to a minute they count funny. This creates a unique seconds 'movement'. Not good if you need to know seconds at a glance. There are only 36 ticks on the outside ring of the Vector dial - each represents 10degrees, natch. If you watch the seconds they don't count in a 1:1 manner.

Kind of. Because there are 360 degrees to a circle and 60 seconds to a minute they count funny. This creates a unique seconds 'movement'. Not good if you need to know seconds at a glance. There are only 36 ticks on the outside ring of the Vector dial - each represents 10degrees, natch. If you watch the seconds they don't count in a 1:1 manner.
    yes, i know. i was trying to be half-ironic. sorry for the misunderstanding... english is not my native language and, sometimes, it's hard to make myself understood..

Quote Originally Posted by maique View Post
    yes, i know. i was trying to be half-ironic. sorry for the misunderstanding... english is not my native language and, sometimes, it's hard to make myself understood..
    I sort of got what you were saying, but someone else might not understand.

There are days I question whether English is my first language. Haha.

I have the all black x-lander. simply put, a superb watch. I have a gw-9000 and a gw-5600, that have been completely put out of rotation because of the x-lander. The suunto is extremely light, the alti and baro modes are VERY acurate (when calibrated before use), love the fact that in ALL timing modes-stop watch CDT, time is displayed prominently. Once activated, light will stay ON until you are keep pressing buttons. This makes it a breeze to set alarm, or calibrate it at night.
    things I would like changed=light is activated after a LOOONG push of the mode button, this is not a deal breaker, I got used to it, but it took some time. I understand that Suunto did not want to introduce a dedicated light button, so the "light" and "mode" had to share one, hence the short push activates mode change, long one activates light. No biggie. But I really would like to see a feature like the Flix as in the Timex line, or the Casio auto EL. This would make this suunto PERFECT.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information