anybody ever been bitten by the HD bug.

Thread: anybody ever been bitten by the HD bug.

anybody ever been bitten by the HD bug.

I usually collect vintage G Shock DW-5200,5100,5400,etc,etc.however I have it really bad for these series of watches referred to as the Heavy Duty series.also manufactured during the 80,s and early 1990,s this specific line has some seriously cool pieces.no resin bezels but hardened cases and same functionality and H20 depth resistance.more understated than the G line these have great contrast and look Ole School classic.so far I have acquired the 210,240,and a pair of DW 340 300m in great cond.what says the f17 guru,s insofar as the duality in the 80,s range.were these an alternative to the G or maybe a lower budget option.Casio has resurrected the HD line recently but the quality is Def no there,what's says the forum

Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by blondygirl69 View Post
    I usually collect vintage G Shock DW-5200,5100,5400,etc,etc.however I have it really bad for these series of watches referred to as the Heavy Duty series.also manufactured during the 80,s and early 1990,s this specific line has some seriously cool pieces.no resin bezels but hardened cases and same functionality and H20 depth resistance.more understated than the G line these have great contrast and look Ole School classic.so far I have acquired the 210,240,and a pair of DW 340 300m in great cond.what says the f17 guru,s insofar as the duality in the 80,s range.were these an alternative to the G or maybe a lower budget option.Casio has resurrected the HD line recently but the quality is Def no there,what's says the forum

Cheers
    John
    I had the dw-210, dw-240, dw-260, dw-340. They are great and there is no worry about bezel rot because those plastic cases seem to last forever

Re: anybody ever been bitten by the HD bug.

Those would some nice ones to bring back into production. That 340 is a beast.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: anybody ever been bitten by the HD bug.

Wow 300 meters! Thanks for bringing it up, didn't know something with that spec exist for Casio. Learn something new everyday. Here's another member's pic from an old thread, it's massive!

Quote Originally Posted by accurwrist View Post
    I picked up this dw-340 (left) a few months back and wanted to share this wrist shot showing the size comparison to the vernerable dw-5600e (right) which most here are familiar with.

46mm across (excluding buttons)
    48mm across (with buttons)
    46.5mm from top to bottom
    13.5mm thick
    19mm lugs

After wearing it on and off for a few months, I have come to like the wrist presents, size and the way it sits on the wrist. I consider it a great comprimize between a square and a rounded bezel G (even when this is technically not a G).
    As for the HDD series, all we have now (as far as I know) are the HDD600 and HDDS100. While looks rugged enough, obviously can not compare to G's. Especially the S100, it's just a AL190 in heavier resin.

Name:  HDD600C-2A.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  41.5 KBName:  hdds100-1av_xlarge.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  73.7 KB

Thread Information