Anybody out there?

Thread: Anybody out there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anybody out there?

Ive been wearing my 1st g-shock for the past 2 days already and very happy with my g300. Ive never taken it off. Problem is i seem to have developed rashes on my wrist from wearing my g-shock continously. Any body out there experience the same? Is it possible to have g-shock allergy? All of my other watches are Ti or SS. Looks like im gonna hold my plans of getting a muddie.

Re: Anybody out there?

You might want to wash and clean the watches before using. another alternative might be to dab some powder onto your wrist, so perhaps they reduce friction, thus making the skin less sensitive to develop a rash. the last resort, (other than not wearing!!!), will be to change the strap, perhaps to a zulu or maybe tape the strap using scotchtape.

Tried putting powder but it builds up after sweating. Might try my babys diaper cream and see if it works.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd stop wearing them so tight.

Wink Re: Anybody out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesummers View Post
    I'd stop wearing them so tight.
    I sometimes wear my watches very snug. I get some irritation over a while if I do that, so I have too loosen the watch (happens mainly with the big and heavy models).

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Yep. Checked the owners manual and it said there should be at least one-finger slack on the bracelet

Wink Re: Anybody out there?

Yeah, that''s true, I have seen that in the manual before. I believe I'm the one always leaving that instruction beside me I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

I had the same reaction to the 5600 watch band.... just had to go get a new g-shock....wearing them too tight may also cause this!

Jake

Gear geeks
    http://www.geargeeksreview.blogspot.com

G-9000 mudman
    Skagen Titanium
    PAW-1100
    Highgear Military Model
    Nite MX20

It could be a reaction to too-tight a strap, or to chloride gas slowly leaking from the poly-resin material in the case of a newly-manufactured watch.

The strap on the G300 and the strap on the Mudman seem to be different materials to me. The Mudman's strap is not as porous as the G300 so it might actually be better for you.

Make sure you don't wear the strap too tight, as previously said. Sweat can collect under the not-so-breathable poly-resin especially in the summer and cause a dermatitis. Also, if the G300 was brand-spankin' new, wash it thoroughly in soap and water to get any residue off.

I would avoid wearing a watch on that wrist until the condition "clears up." Use an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream to help the rash.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    Ive been wearing my 1st g-shock for the past 2 days already and very happy with my g300. Ive never taken it off. Problem is i seem to have developed rashes on my wrist from wearing my g-shock continously. Any body out there experience the same? Is it possible to have g-shock allergy? All of my other watches are Ti or SS. Looks like im gonna hold my plans of getting a muddie.
    Stuck in landlocked Atlanta.
    My divers:
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon White "Mad Cow"
    Doxa Sub750T Caribbean
    Stowa Seatime ProDiver (Black)
    Seikos: 6105, 6309, 7002, 7S26, and 6R15 Divers
    G Shocks: DW5600, DW6100, DW6600, DW9000, G9000 Mudman, G9100 Gulfman, MTG900, GW200 Frogman, GS1000 Giez and a dozen more!

If I wear mine for two or three days straight all I ever get is a little itchy, but my skin is not very sensitive. I couldn't live with that one finger under the strap rule, I like my watches not to move in the slightest! Nothing drives me bonkers more then having a watch moving or sliding around on my arm.

Regards Sonny
    Motorcycling is my LIFE..
    2011 Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom FXDC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information