Anyone else interested in the Edifice Black Label Line?

Thread: Anyone else interested in the Edifice Black Label Line?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Suspended

Anyone else interested in the Edifice Black Label Line?

Maybe I'm in a small crowd, but I'm really looking forward to the release of the Edifice Black Label line. Supposed to be released in the fall but I can't find any information other than the initial press release and those sites that reference it. I saw the models in one of the videos from the NYC exhibition and just noticed some pictures from DougFNJ from his trip to the same exhibition.

I think its going to be a nice line up. I'm looking forward to the ana-dig models with the different color LCD displays. The blue against the all black dial and case looks sharp.

News - CASIO

Re: Anyone else interested in the Edifice Black Label Line?

i'd hit it.

I think the edifice line has more style and much more interesting to me than the Oceanus line. Waiting to see some WUS photos on these

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    I think the edifice line has more style and much more interesting to me than the Oceanus line. Waiting to see some WUS photos on these
    I agree. The Edifice line could easily be positioned as the sporty stainless steel little brother to the Oceanus, but not as exaggerated as the Giez and MTG models. Or something like that.

I'm a fan in theory, but the last time I bought a black-plated watch (about 20 years ago) the black plating didn't last long.

Have things changed?
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

It's interesting, when the Oceanus line released, style-wise I felt Casio was looking to compete with Citizen. Style-wise, this Edifice line seems to be looking to compete with Seiko. They are REALLY sharp looking timepieces with some interesting technology under the hood. Unfortunately we were only able to look at the watches under glass and see the video. I wish they let us look a little closer.

On another note, as far as the black coating, as long as your not beating it up, you shouldn't have any issues.
    Apple Watch Space Black Series 5 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000GD-1JF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman

Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Omega SeaMaster Pro Ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003
    Omega Seamaster Pro Bond Quartz 2221.80
    Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Moon Watch 311.33.44.51.01.002

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701

Check out my video reviews at:
    www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

Edifice at the moment is a mixed bag. Sometimes you get really cheap ana-digis which feel like 1980s databanks, but sometimes they're Tag equals in looks and sometimes even better in feel.

I think Casio needs to more clearly define their labels, because at the moment it can vary wildly, with unbelievable swings both to positive and negative perceptions.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Suspended

Here's Doug's picts of the ana-dig models. There are a couple of other models as well.

These are only one's I've been able to find besides the terrible stock photos.

I'm expecting these to be nice or else Casio would not have announced them at the big shin-dig.

I like the black labels! Black and flat colors is really unique Tons of shiny watches out there and these looks refreshingly the blue and the yellow/green ones get my vote Ebay UK has some live pics too but kinda pricey

Last week I visited the Casio Concept booth at Tourneau's Time Machine in Manhattan to see what was new there, and the case where all the Oceanus models were is now filled with the Edifice Black Label watches. I have to say they were all very nice, and look real sharp in person. Not to knock Oceanus (pretty weak models released in US compared to the JDM models) but the Edifice look great and probably sell a lot faster too. Too bad I was shopping for G that day ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information