Anyone else miffed at G Shocks alliance to Apple phones?
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Anyone else miffed at G Shocks alliance to Apple phones?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I love the functionality of my phone's Bluetooth. It connects automatically to my laptop for the transference of photos, and to my car SatNav so I can talk hands free. It's a 'dumb' phone as I detest 'smart' phones. I would love it to be able to connect with a G Shock to show an incoming telephone number, or to vibrate when it got out of Bluetooth range of my phone.

BUT, G Shock have decided to only launch their Bluetooth GB6900 range to work with Apples iPhone. Now, even amongst the 'smartphone' fraternity, there are many people who wouldn't have an iPhone if it were given free.

Now, why did G Shock pledge allegiance with Apple when the phone Bluetooth market is so huge?

ivan.b likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Re: Anyone else miffed at G Shocks alliance to Apple phones?

I'm with you. The key is you need an app to work with these bluetooth G-Shocks. Casio also have an app for Android but only on certain Japanese networks and phones. I'm disappointed at the moment. I can only hope that they will have the app for every platform soon.

Give me a heads up when there is a G-shock with a Whatsapp message notification function. On Android.
    Right now this is 2010 functionality in a dying OS. (75% of smarthphones being sold are Android)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

now all the haters will come out…iPhone baaaadd, iOS baaadddd, apple baaaadddd……...i love my iPhone 5 and wouldn't take 10 androids for free in exchange, i'm sure casio will bring something out for the androids too, no need to hate, we can all coexist
    Ozy, Popoki Nui, TedDotCom and 4 others like this.

Because iphone(IOS) is the best;android is rubbish. There are many people who wouldn't have an android phone if it were given free
    starscream likes this.

when they launched the first bluetooth g-shock, it was only comptaible with android phones in Japan. I think it is partly due to iOS being uniform and android being fragmented. If you make one iOS app it works for everyone, if you make one android app it won't work for all the carriers.
    Last edited by Fer Guzman; December 13th, 2012 at 01:59.

Is this going to be an android vs apple debate? *grabs popcorn*
    mungky likes this.
    Cheers, Ryan
    Current collection
    G-Shock AW-591
    G-Shock DW6900
    Urs Auer ZU-711
    Orient Yellow Mako
    Vostok Komandirskie
    Citizen Nighthawk (Asian)
    Sea-Gull M185S (Roman Numerals)
    Next Up
    A well needed break, then maybe Orange Monster

Quote Originally Posted by GEO_79 View Post
    There are many people who wouldn't have an android phone if it were given free
    And many people (like myself) who wouldn't use an iphone even if it was free. :)

I love my android phone, and I personally can't stand apple devices.

That said, I understand that different people have different preferences and I would never criticize anyone's choice. People like what works best for them. I don't understand why anyone wants bluetooth in a watch but if it sells well, whatever... I like the vibration function of the new watches and I hope casio puts it in more models in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    And many people (like myself) who wouldn't use an iphone even if it was free. :)

I love my android phone, and I personally can't stand apple devices.

That said, I understand that different people have different preferences and I would never criticize anyone's choice. People like what works best for them. I don't understand why anyone wants bluetooth in a watch but if it sells well, whatever... I like the vibration function of the new watches and I hope casio puts it in more models in the future.
    yeah;if some people want to use PLASTIC;HUGE;CHEAP phones;it's ok...I prefer quality products

The answer lies in compatibility. There are many different versions of Android and only one version of iOS version X, or whatever it's called. Android will be catered to no doubt, but what would you do in Casio's position? Release something that would potentially cause many users problems due to incompatibility, or release a product that works without problem on all devices to a more specific audience?
    It's a no-brainer to me from a brand image perspective. You want a brand that's associated with reliability rather than problems.
    I'm an Android user and look forward to Casio sorting things out for us folk, but I understand their reasoning.
    Last edited by Pelican; December 13th, 2012 at 02:38.
    TedDotCom and Vade_R like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information