Anyone has some experience on hydromod screwback DW before? - Page 2
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Anyone has some experience on hydromod screwback DW before?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I’ve never done it, but I believe some hydro processes actually recommend leaving a small bubble, so that changes on temperature simply expand or contract the bubble, rather than hydraulically stressing the case.

Unless it’s leaking problematically, I would just continue the experiment. Maybe it will stabilize now that there’s a bubble!
    Facelessman likes this.

Re: Anyone has some experience on hydromod screwback DW before?

I don't mind having small bubble as i feel it add character to the watch. However, i do mind if it get bigger as that would indicate leaking issue. I would be happy if bubble remain at the same size during the next few days but from my experience, i wouldn't keep my hope high.
    Last edited by Facelessman; 2 Weeks Ago at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelessman View Post
    I don't mind having small bubble as i feel it add character to the watch. However, i do mind if it get bigger as that would indicate leaking issue. I would be happy if bubble remain at the same size during the next few days but from my experience, i wouldn't keep my hope high.
    I was initially gutted that I had a bubble in my Rangeman after a hydro mod. However, I’m delighted when he appears from a slumber deep in side the case. Wouldn’t be without him now.

Name:  2DB652D6-D99E-471D-895A-22467ECFB927.jpeg
Views: 28
Size:  184.3 KB
    Facelessman and memento_mori like this.
    Ken

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Facelessman, the bubble most likely was trapped within the module and worked its way to the front. If the bubble grows larger then you probably have an issue with a leak somewhere but if it stays the same, you’re fine.

I think you are right again, kevio. When performing the mod i did not try to chase the air out of module. After assemble the watch i repeatedly shaking it and put it under direct sunlight for half an hour (that's how my previous mod failed before). I did not noticed any bubble so i thought i mine was bubble free.

Good news. During the past few day i wear it on my wrist almost all the time. Bubble has it own way. I can not just make it show up in 10 seconds to take pic.

I did not see any larger bubble. Just to be sure i removed band and bezel to check. No sign of leakage.

Yes, Ken and zack20cb. I will leave bubble there even it grows slightly larger as long as it still leak free.

Can't be wearing this one everyday my other watches demand wrist time too. So going forward i might just wear this in rotation and wouldn't worry too much about leakage as my previous failed attempts on other models would have leaked already.

Thank you very much gents
    GaryK30, kenls and Scott. like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information