Anyone have any experience with the new DW56 models?

Thread: Anyone have any experience with the new DW56 models?

Anyone have any experience with the new DW56 models?

OK, the "square" G-Shock bug is biting since the purchase of my first DW-5600 (I know, for shame, how can I call myself a true G-Shocker without having one of those in my collection!!) At any rate, I saw one of these DW56's at a local retailer and was wondering if anyone's had some hand's on time with them?

Re: Anyone have any experience with the new DW56 models?

Well, I guess I can answer my own question -- I picked one of these up on the way home from work tonite . I haven't had a chance to try out all its features yet (not reffing a soccer match anytime soon, but, back in the day, I had my license and could ref college-level ball, but I digress).

It's a tad bit thicker than the DW-5600 and the strap is much longer (read, better). Overall, compared to the DW-5600, it feels a bit sturdier.

The face is very easy to read as the digits are pretty large and all pertinent information is displayed (time, day, date, seconds).

All and all, I like it. Now that I'm starting to get into the "square" models, I suppose I'll have to get a solor/atomic 5600! Sheesh, when will it end?

21 and counting....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Anyone have any experience with the new DW56 models?

Quote Originally Posted by oldspice
    All and all, I like it. Now that I'm starting to get into the "square" models, I suppose I'll have to get a solor/atomic 5600! Sheesh, when will it end?
    it will never end ... :-D

Thread Information