Anyone have an Erikas Originals strap on their G Shock?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Andy-S
  • 1 Post By stuartb12
  • 1 Post By stuartb12

Thread: Anyone have an Erikas Originals strap on their G Shock?

Anyone have an Erikas Originals strap on their G Shock?

I find the resin straps a little hot and bulky sometimes - though they are supremely tough and washable. Just picked up the JaysAndKays adapter to try my GA800 on a NATO for the summer, and it got me to thinking about the Erikas option. Anyone with experience (or photos) of that (or a similar) setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Anyone have an Erikas Originals strap on their G Shock?

I would say it depends on the types of adapter you bought. If it's the style like the resin Casio ones, I don't know if hers would work since they are a closed loop. However, if you have the metal or combo style that use spring bars you should be able to make them work.

Cheapest NATO Straps just realesed a version of this style of elastic strap that isn't stitched closed. That might work?

I got one of the AliExpress parachute straps a few months ago for $12, and have enjoyed it on my Casio MDV106.

Thanks. Itís the JaysAndKays version with the spring bars so it should be good. Just checked out the AliExpress parachute options (there are many but itís hard to decipher the specific differences). How do you find the quality? I have an Erikas on my Omega SMP and itís really solid. Do you happen to have any photos of your set up?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For what I paid, I'm happy. I'm sure an MN is higher quality, but cost more than this watch.

Also as an option, Blueshark makes what they call a pajama NATO. It's made like a traditional NATO, but stretchy. I ordered what looks like the exact strap off of AX, but haven't received it yet.
    GaryK30 and Worker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartb12 View Post
    Thanks. It’s the JaysAndKays version with the spring bars so it should be good. Just checked out the AliExpress parachute options (there are many but it’s hard to decipher the specific differences). How do you find the quality? I have an Erikas on my Omega SMP and it’s really solid. Do you happen to have any photos of your set up?

I think you'll need their metal adapters with spring bars. With the resin adapters that can take spring bars ("Convertibles") the resin part where the strap goes is still a closed loop. The metal adapters are more like adding on standard lugs (no closed loop).

Thanks - thatís a good point. I did order the metal to maximize flexibility with strap options. The link is below. I will post pictures when it all comes together.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6809294...ctive_16&crt=1

GaryK30 likes this.

Thanks for the follow up, Andy. Looks good. Iíve always been a fan of the MDV106-1A. Lot of bang for the buck there.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartb12 View Post
    Thanks for the follow up, Andy. Looks good. Iíve always been a fan of the MDV106-1A. Lot of bang for the buck there.

Yeah, it's a bargain. Although I might opt for the MTD1087 for the sweep second hand these days. Lower water restance, though.

Circling back to show the result. Pretty pleased with how it turned out. The EO strap in place of the standard resin makes the watch much more wearable for me, both from a bulk and from a comfort perspective.

tissotgirl likes this.

Looks nice!

I have an Erika's strap but for some reason I find the stretchiness uncomfortable, so I don't use it. It is well-made and attractive, though.

I tend to prefer standard NATOs for their comfort (and they're a lot cheaper! ).

Thread Information