Anyone have the PRW-1500YTJ-1JF?

Thread: Anyone have the PRW-1500YTJ-1JF?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Anyone have the PRW-1500YTJ-1JF?

I'm thinking about it. I like my "blonde" PAW 1500 a lot, love the balanced bracelet. Looks like the PRW 1500YTJ-1JF has the about the same bracelet, only IP-coated. Hope so! Any thoughts?

--Greg

Re: Anyone have the PRW-1500YTJ-1JF?

That thing is like $700-$800 isn't it?

it's lovely in my eyes. it's 'bling rugged'. for the money, i'd save up a little more and get a prx-2000yt. but that's maybe more because of the module than the look, because the 1500 does a couple things better (bracelet, imho). the gold ring accent could be either classy or gaudy depending on your personality, attire and setting. i would not wear this with worn jeans or a tshirt.

would you rather have tide and moon phase or a duplex compass and sunrise / sunset?
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Picture Re: Anyone have the PRW-1500YTJ-1JF?

The watches functionality is exactly the same as the regular JDM 1500, the only changes are the aesthetics & crystal (sapphire), and of course metric only measurements. The "Black Titans" really are part of the effort to raise the brand profile and the do look very nice, however I do question the pricing as they simply do not offer the value you would associate with a watch at this price point. You can source the bracelet in isolation for less then $60

The premise of a luxury ABC is very sound, only in my opinion Casio`s methodology is seriously flawed as they are offering nothing more than standard modules, in dressed up cases. Suunto`s implementation of the Elementum line is far smarter. Each watch has a unique functionality and defined purpose, with the displays focusing on the watches theme, and to be truthful the watches are more interesting than Casio`s present offerings (PRX), for instance if you are interested in weather conditions, the display and function of the Suunto Ventus is simply phenomenal.

First time I see one of these in wild on bracelet, it will be a done deal, even in pictures they simply exude quality, with a carved from steel look about them. At these price points resin case`s just dont cut it, and personally I want my "prestige" ABC to look, feel, be accurate and have a completely unique module in comparison to the $250 ABC that's going to hit the streets soon

Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; September 18th, 2009 at 12:18.

I must say I'm very impressed with the design of Suunto's displays. Digital displays are rarely aesthetically pleasing, but theirs are delightful as well as highly functional. I'm not in the market for an ABC, but if I was I wouldn't be looking at Protreks.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I totally agree - those are very sharp looking pieces. I think they kick the PRX's butt on looks alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen6 View Post
    The watches functionality is exactly the same as the regular JDM 1500, the only changes are the aesthetics & crystal (sapphire), and of course metric only measurements. The "Black Titans" really are part of the effort to raise the brand profile and the do look very nice, however I do question the pricing as they simply do not offer the value you would associate with a watch at this price point. You can source the bracelet in isolation for less then $60

The premise of a luxury ABC is very sound, only in my opinion Casio`s methodology is seriously flawed as they are offering nothing more than standard modules, in dressed up cases. Suunto`s implementation of the Elementum line is far smarter. Each watch has a unique functionality and defined purpose, with the displays focusing on the watches theme, and to be truthful the watches are more interesting than Casio`s present offerings (PRX), for instance if you are interested in weather conditions, the display and function of the Suunto Ventus is simply phenomenal.

First time I see one of these in wild on bracelet, it will be a done deal, even in pictures they simply exude quality, with a carved from steel look about them. At these price points resin case`s just dont cut it, and personally I want my "prestige" ABC to look, feel, be accurate and have a completely unique module in comparison to the $250 ABC that's going to hit the streets soon

Q-6
    I actually agree but there is one fundamental flaw of these watches... battery is for some strange and unexplainable reason NOT user replacable...

And it lasts only a year (or less on one model - forgot witch one)...

So my options are : a) fiddle with small screwdriver once a year or b) get used to anual trip to local watchmaker...

This is a SERIOUS show stopper for me... on regular Suunto you can use nothing more than a car key and replace battery yourself in less than 30 seconds... why is that feature taken out on this model is beyond me...
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Quote Originally Posted by Coler View Post
    I totally agree - those are very sharp looking pieces. I think they kick the PRX's butt on looks alone.
    +1

Not only does it kick butt but it takes names
    My Collection so far:
    CASIO: PRX-2000YT-1JF * PRX-2000T-7JF * PRW-60

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    I actually agree but there is one fundamental flaw of these watches... battery is for some strange and unexplainable reason NOT user replacable...

And it lasts only a year (or less on one model - forgot witch one)...

So my options are : a) fiddle with small screwdriver once a year or b) get used to anual trip to local watchmaker...

This is a SERIOUS show stopper for me... on regular Suunto you can use nothing more than a car key and replace battery yourself in less than 30 seconds... why is that feature taken out on this model is beyond me...
    I used to really see solar as prerequisite, then I took some time to considered it; realistically changing a battery once a year is not such a big deal, even on the Suunto Ventus at nine months it`s not overly taxing. If we were talking once a month it might become tedious. I now dont even think about the power source, solar has it benefits, however the lack of the feature wont stop me buying a watch I like, especially an ABC, by having this rigid constraint all I was doing was depriving myself of watches I would otherwise enjoy.

On the Suunto Elementums you can change the battery, all you will need is a Torx screw drive and a little time, I dont see the feature removed, more that Suunto have designed the Elementum`s for their target audience and most will just take them to a local watch maker for a new battery.

Q-6

My ABC criteria these days:

no solar and no atomic=no sale

Every time the case back is removed 'crud' of some form is introduced into the watch case even if it is unseen to the eyeball, and the integrity of the case is compromised along the seal edging.

Why concern myself if my watch may run out of power just when I need it most [remember Mr Murphy and one of his rules?] when solar does the job.

=========
    But to answer the the original post, if you really like the watch it is worth buying, the look is very nice.

I returned a basic 1500 because the tide indicator movement became annoying, and the ocean is 250 miles away from me so it was not useful.

My 1100YTJ is one of my best ever buys

Konrad.

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions."

-- GK Chesterton

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information