Anyone here sent their G' to Casio Service Ctr in US?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone here sent their G' to Casio Service Ctr in US?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone here sent their G' to Casio Service Ctr in US?

I was able to get a new MIB Gaussman from Japan but unfortunately, the battery is dead. Being a cut above your normal production Casio, especially because it's no longer being made I was going to send it to the Casio Factory Service Center in New Jersey. (For battery/seal replacement) I've never done anything like this before and am really apprehensive. Worst case scenarios keep running in my mind that somebody might replace my shiny, spanking-new gaussman with something else or might lose the watch altogether.

I guess I'm looking for reassurance that it will be all right by seeing if people had had success stories sending their g-shocks in for servicing. Anyway, anybody here had a good experience?

Locomoco.

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Re: Anyone here sent their G' to Casio Service Ctr in US?

Hi Loco -

Definitely get a new battery put in.

Yup. It's a CASIO so send it back to them

All the best - OZZIE

Re: Repair facility in NJ

I have used them, and I had great success. I sent my first GW-1300 to them for repair (and they outright replaced it; sent me a brand new one!) But since yours is a non-US model, I would definitely call the service center first.

I have heard reports of them not performing any action on models not originally sold in the States.

If they won't do it, you can always send it to Casio Sales and Service (http://www.casiosalesandservice.com) in California. I haven't used them personally, but I've heard nothing but positive things about them. And they will service all G-Shocks. A full service job (battery replacement, cleaning, WR test, etc.) is about $40, IIRC.

WallaceD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: Anyone here sent their G' to Casio Service Ctr in US?

I have heard a few bad stories about Casio NJ, but Csio Sales and service seem to have a high reputation. You have to contact them by phone not e-mail!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

i don't have experience with either services but i've heard good things about Casio Sales and Service

and Casio Service Center in NJ is known to deny service for models that's being sold outside of US

Ben

I have used Casio Sales and Service numerous times. Their link is posted above by Wallace. I've had nothing but great service from them. Used them to replace the batteries in my MRG's along with the seals and a pressure test. Usually takes about 2-3 week turn around. As Sjors said, call them first. Their number is posted on their web site. Good luck,

Ben

how much does it usually cost for a complete service? (postal not included)

i wonder if they would accept walk in, i think i am local to them :-D
    PK-GAT likes this.

Wink Re: Anyone here sent their G' to Casio Service Ctr in US?

According Wallece D it's $40,- per watch... I pay €8,- per watch at my local Casio Service Centre, but that is without insured shipping v.v.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Moderator Emeritus

I was sort of wondering about the servicing too. I am in Canada and have the rare Black Helios and Brazilian on the way, who do I send it to incase there's a problem or for servicing? Casio Canada? Is there such a animal?

froggggahollllic Tim

Directly from the Casio Sales and Service website:

(http://www.casiosalesandservice.com/repair.htm)

(1) New (non-solar) battery installation is $13.95. Add $4 for each additional, non-solar, battery. (Most newer model Pathfinders will have more than one battery) We make every effort to reseal the watch using the existing gasket and treating it with silicon, however we will not warranty the water resistance thereafter. SOLAR BATTERY REPLACEMENT in this category is $23.95 for one solar battery, add $10.00 for each additional solar battery.

(2) New (non-solar) battery, seal and water pressure test is $34.95 on models that have only one battery. Add $4.00 for each additional battery. If you get your watch wet we strongly recommended a new gasket and water pressure test for all 50 meters and above water-resistant watches. SOLAR BATTERY REPLACEMENT in this category is $44.95 for one solar battery, add $10.00 for each additional solar battery.

(3) New (non-solar) battery, gasket, pressure test, cleaning/servicing is $38.95. Add $4 for each additional battery. SOLAR BATTERY REPLACEMENT in this category is $48.95 for one solar battery, add $10.00 for each additional solar battery.

PLEASE ADD $6.25 TO THE ABOVE PRICES FOR RETURN SHIPPING VIA UPS GROUND.

WallaceD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information