Anyone know this 6900?

Thread: Anyone know this 6900?

Anyone know this 6900?

I've been looking for a 6900 with a red face for a while now, so when I found this for a good price I jumped on it. Usually I won't buy model I'm not familiar with, but as far as I can tell from the photos it's authentic, and I had to make a quick decision. There really aren't many models with red faces around and the price was low enough that I thought I had to take the risk. Anyway anyone seen this one before? It's actually a scorpion in the backlight if that helps anyone with identification. Now I just have to decide on resin for it. Red, white or black?

Name:  _KGrHqJ_iIE69YSd_H-BOyc0KOY4_60_35.jpeg
Views: 282
Size:  8.7 KB

Name:  _KGrHqRHJCUE63_v_LsBOyc0SVnUg_60_35.jpeg
Views: 265
Size:  12.6 KB

Name:  _KGrHqR_pgE7BcvjGEHBOyc0TDz_w_60_35.jpeg
Views: 280
Size:  13.7 KB

Re: Anyone know this 6900?

I saw this same listing and almost jumped on it. I've never seen it before, but it looks legit to me (at least the module does). The band looks a little worn. If I remember correctly, it has a pearl look to it and some of the finish is coming off, but it's a cool looking piece. Being a 6900, a resin swap would be simple and inexpensive. Looks to be a good find!

I wish Watch Shock had non stock photos of this one, but it appears to be the DW6900CM-7

Last edited by Tsip85; November 28th, 2011 at 16:24.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Ebay auction? UK? It looks pink to me

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It does look like the model Tsip85 posted. There doesn't seem to be too much information for this 2001 release.

There was two other colors in this series (black and blue).

Here's what Google Translate made of the Japanese description:

G for the first time participated in product development user-SHOCK.
    Official Site G-SHOCK "www.gfactory.co.jp" in, from people looking for general design, filter design is excellent Casio among the many collected works, and finally the general popularity of those who re-decided to commercialize the voting model. G-SHOCK fans chose to design, G-G just for fans - is SHOCK SHOCK. G-SHOCK models are the top three polls, Baby-G models were sold in the first place. Band, bezel, buttons and text color of the plate, until the picture comes to the details, such as EL backlight, now you have to finish out the personality characteristic. In addition to the G-SHOCK band is planning to commemorate this, the URL is printed on the official site.
    The black one has a snake in the backlight and the blue one has a "G" logo. And all three should have the www.gfactory.co.jp printed on the band.

Last edited by Riley; November 28th, 2011 at 16:54.

Thanks for all the information everybody! It does look a bit pink in the photos, I'm glad to see that it is actually red. The blue model is on the bay right now, but the seller wants $300. I'll post pictures once I have some new clothes on it.

Thread Information