Anyone know any details about making Special Order Gs?

Thread: Anyone know any details about making Special Order Gs?

Suspended

Anyone know any details about making Special Order Gs?

Does anyone have any experience working with Casio for having special order/limited edition models made? I was just wondering what the overhead costs would be.

Wouldn't a WUS G-Shock Forum edition be a cool addition to your collection? Plenty of other forums have custom models.

I was also thinking it might be a cool promotional idea for a company. Something instead of plastic pens and golf shirts with the company logo on it.

I once saw on TV that there are so many special order Zippo lighters because the minimum order is only 100 pieces.

The overhead can't be that bad, based on the little companies that seem to take advantage of it.

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Re: Anyone know any details about making Special Order Gs?

The subject has been discussed quite a few times in the past. Here are a few threads:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=103421

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=151779

The points of concern are:

1. Expensive. You're paying above and beyond retail price for the watches and for the special printing. Ebay says I can get a DW-6900 for about US$60. One from Casio with printing starts from about US$147.

2. No replacement parts. You're buggered if you want to get replacement straps with your design on. I don't think Casio will sell them separately - someone can check the Casio site to confirm.

3. Too many cooks. We'd never get a design down where everyone would be happy.

And here's where you can order from from Casio. The offer is only supposed to be for "teams":

http://www.e-casio.co.jp/sw/index.html

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

I can't remember the details, but Casio has offered a bespoke service that offers surface printing. A customised model that went beyond that superficial level of modification would almost certainly be too expensive.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Suspended

Thanks for the threads.

Sounds like a do it yourself project. Now I just need to make friends with a silk screener.

This is just classic:

Thread Information