Anyone know anything about a #1597 DW-003 G-Shock?

Thread: Anyone know anything about a #1597 DW-003 G-Shock?

Anyone know anything about a #1597 DW-003 G-Shock?

Anyone know anything about a 1597 DW-003? One is for sale cheap but I can't find any information about it or it's features. I'd like to know what features it has. Any information will be appreciated. It's yellow and I like yellow G-Shocks! Here's a picture:

Smile Click Here for the watch features

Hi Gene -

Sorry I missed your post:-S

Nice to meet you as I don't think I've seen you here before..

This is an old classic REAL G-Shock looking model and everyone wants one even today

It has most standard features you could possibly want

Click these numbers 1597 for the full watch features and the manual with compliments from CASIO Japan.

Hope this helps.

All the best - ZZIE

Wink Re: Anyone know anything about a #1597 DW-003 G-Shock?

It's a basic model with the basic functions. I think it was first released around 1997 or 1998.

It has timekeeping, automatic calender, countdown timer, stopwatch and an alarm function on board. You can turn on Flash alarm. This causes the EL to light up when the alarm sounds.

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Anyone know anything about a #1597 DW-003 G-Shock?

Hey, thanks so much you guys!

buddha-g

I have this exact same model. I got for a trip to Key West one year. It's one of my favorites. It's "basic" but the scrolling seconds is an interesting visual feature and the yellow color is great for hitting the beach and not caring about sand in the watch. Cleans off easily, no worries, mate! Great little watch.

I just wanted to say, I received this watch today and it is ABOVE all expectations! It came in the original box with all the papers and not bad for $26.00 and that price INCLUDED insured shipping. This thing is as big as they come and I didn't realize G-Shocks ever came this well protected. This watch has the beefiest band and the protection around the case is the best I've ever seen in a G-Shock. I'm not a G-Shock expert but it doesn't get much better than this. Thanks for all the advice and this is truly a G that I would have kicked myself if I hadn't bought it. Being yellow even adds more to it's value to me!

Wink Re: Anyone know anything about a #1597 DW-003 G-Shock?

Hi Gene,

Glad you love it. Positive Yellow is one of the strongest colors of G-Shock! Wear in good health!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thank's Sjors! This thing is real "monster" size on your wrist and I love how it shows the seconds which is a graph that is in 6 intervals. I also love how this thing has protection for the case, (including the back), and the band is one of the thickest and most durable of all G-Shock bands I've ever seen.

I bought a red one (DW-003-4VT, with a 'Japan Y' inscription on the back) a few days ago in Poland. Having convinced myself I had the only G I would ever need (GW-500), I find I've bought G number two. I was on holiday, the purse-strings were loose, it was cheap, and it was red. It only has basic functions (world-time would be nice, but it does have a countdown timer, which the GW-500 lacks), and it doesn't have the same solid quality feel of the the GW-500 (a bit light and plasticky in comparison, the display is duller - and the 'soft' resin band feels less hard-wearing than the 'tough' resin band, but that may be an illusion), but it looks chunky, funky, and above all - it's red. Another persuasive factor was that it's not available in England, and the prices in Poland are lower. It's fun, I like it - but now that I've 'broken the ice' with more than one G, where will it lead? I go to Poland three times a year...
    Last edited by tribe125; March 7th, 2006 at 17:21.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125
    I bought a red one (DW-003-4VT, with a 'Japan Y' inscription on the back) a few days ago in Poland. Having convinced myself I had the only G I would ever need (GW-500), I find I've bought G number two. I was on holiday, the purse-strings were loose, it was cheap, and it was red. It only has basic functions (world-time would be nice, but it does have a countdown timer, which the GW-500 lacks), and it doesn't have the same solid quality feel of the the GW-500 (a bit light and pasticky in comparison, the display is duller - and the 'soft' resin band feels less hard-wearing than the 'tough' resin band, but that may be an illusion), but it looks chunky, funky, and above all - it's red. Another persuasive factor was that it's not available in England, and the prices in Poland are lower. It's fun, I like it - but now that I've 'broken the ice' with more than one G, where will it lead? I go to Poland three times a year...
    Ja,ja...Hello tribe125, you have the fever of G, you cannot escape....
    It does not have cures!!!:-D

Thread Information