Anyone miss just having one watch?

Thread: Anyone miss just having one watch?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Anyone miss just having one watch?

When I was younger I only had one watch at a time. It was my buddy and I wore it everywhere. Me and that watch were inseparable. Now I have 2 Tissot's, 5 G-shock's, a DKNY and a Diesel. There are members here with over 200 watches. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a watch for every occasion. If I'm going out during a summer day just strap on a yellow 6900 or if going out with friends at night put on the Diesel. But the thing is I don't have same feeling that I had when I only had one watch. Oh well, maybe its just nostalgia.

Re: Anyone miss just having one watch?

No.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by wristrested View Post

No.

Very well put!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kaywalker View Post
    When I was younger I only had one watch at a time. It was my buddy and I wore it everywhere. Me and that watch were inseparable. Now I have 2 Tissot's, 5 G-shock's, a DKNY and a Diesel. There are members here with over 200 watches. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a watch for every occasion. If I'm going out during a summer day just strap on a yellow 6900 or if going out with friends at night put on the Diesel. But the thing is I don't have same feeling that I had when I only had one watch. Oh well, maybe its just nostalgia.
    Yes, a little bit.
    I remember my dad taking me out when I was 12 (1984) to buy my first Casio watch. For the life of god I cannot remember which it was, but I wore it everywhere, and like you say it was my buddy as oppose to a favourite teddy bear etc.
    I currently have GA100 in Black and yellow, DW6900 and a GX-56-4ER on the way.
    I wake up in the morning and probably spend 10 minutes trying them on trying to decide which to wear.
    In the old days I just got up and went out.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by kaywalker View Post
    I know exactly what you mean and how you feel. versatility can be a blessing but also a curse....

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Interesting post.

I have 2 G's and a Rolex. I look at other G's and think 'I'd like to buy that' but the reality is that I really like to wear watches that are my 'buddys' ie I use them most days.

I also need a purpose for owning each watch, currently my R is special occasions, my GW 2000 my 'nice' daily go to watch and my G 7710 my working hack.

This kinda limits the size of my 'collection'.

Each to their own but I wouldn't really want to have a large collection of watches that I had to choose from each day esp' if they were all G's with different functions and button configurations that I would struggle to remember.

So no is the answer to your question - but I keep the lid on how many I do have!

I would most defintally wear one watch if I liked it enough to just wear that one only.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Lightbulb Re: Anyone miss just having one watch?

Quote Originally Posted by NickintheLakes View Post
    Interesting post.

I have 2 G's and a Rolex. I look at other G's and think 'I'd like to buy that' but the reality is that I really like to wear watches that are my 'buddys' ie I use them most days.

I also need a purpose for owning each watch, currently my R is special occasions, my GW 2000 my 'nice' daily go to watch and my G 7710 my working hack.

This kinda limits the size of my 'collection'.

Each to their own but I wouldn't really want to have a large collection of watches that I had to choose from each day esp' if they were all G's with different functions and button configurations that I would struggle to remember.

So no is the answer to your question - but I keep the lid on how many I do have!

You have the right idea I like your collection. I don't mean to be telling you what to do but you should go up four more watches and stop on the prime number 7. The Rollie could be your King Grail.. I don't know what you think of SEIKO but the Monster is a must have. Orange if you want a collector's must have, but if orange is too loud get the Basic Black. The monster is better than 500.00 dollars in value you can still aquire for less than 200.00 dollars.There is a seller on Ebay I purchased mine from and others I know who has the Black and Orange ones on bracelet with free Seiko rubber strap for 189.00. One damn fine watch. Then you could come in with the Queen Grail Like a nice Omega Sea master. The other color Monster that you did not get would be my Prince.. When those watches are gone they are gonna SKY ROCKET in price! Number four could be somthing like Frogman!
    I would not wear the Prince If you get a Monster too much I would leave it mint. Just set and watch the price go up. I'm sorry but I love it....Two G's and a Rollie!
    Last edited by Tigerwalker9; July 17th, 2010 at 13:57.

I'm kind of a occasion type buyer..I now have three work watches that feel great to have on..a G2300 and a Mudman ,Wenger Commando So which watch to wear..which to bond too ? ,
    I've got casual watches.. Vostok Amphian , GWM850, Orient Mako
    and I got a dressy Gold Citizen Eco-Drive with matching bracelet

I really like the G-Shocks because I like to wear my watches loose and they don't try to rotate around my wrist like metal watches do.

The G2300-9v was my first G and I was bonding with that one..very comfy but now the Mudman showed up....

When I was a kid, the same as you, only one at a time, but I really enjoy having many watches. I don't feel the same either, but then again now that I am an adult, nothing feels the same. The excitement of life to a certain degree has grown strangly dim, work, children, responsibility, I feel like my watches are a place to retreat and reflect on when I was a kid and how much fun it was to have an awesome watch, only now I have nearly every cool one I want, I couldn't afford to have all the great watches I have today when I was a kid.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information