Anyone watching this one?

Thread: Anyone watching this one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Anyone watching this one?

Ebay item # 290151237012

And, can someone tell me why the price on this particular model has taken off for the moon? It's simply because of its rarity?

Re: Anyone watching this one?

I'm not watching it. Looked at it, I'd never pay that much for it.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Schuey2002 View Post
    Ebay item # 290151237012

And, can someone tell me why the price on this particular model has taken off for the moon? It's simply because of its rarity?
    I have a habit not wasting time on an eBay Item which is following:

1. Bidder's ID kept private
    2. The price is bumped too high by one ID
    3. Reality of the product (I will not exchange gold value for plastic value, except it the watch is solid gold case)

My opinion is always straightforward, sorry for any inconvenience.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by asuoab View Post

3. Reality of the product (I will not exchange gold value for plastic value, except it the watch is solid gold case)

Yeah, whenever I see any auction that has one person bumping the price way up, and, an auction with hidden bidder ID's, my "Danger, Will Robinson!" flag goes up..

The "Wide-Temp" thing is a discontinued first line series made many years back. in the late 80s 90s. its for pure affectionados! yeah, the price is terrible

I got it watched but I know I can't afford it but it's an collectable item and it's an November 1983 491 model watch that is the second g-shock and it got same format as first g-shock but it can handle tempurture -30c thru 50c and it got no light and I'm still wearing third g-shock as dw-5200 and it has same model as first g-shock 240 model.

I too found this interesting and have another thread about it here if you are interested.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=79586
    Own
    DW-5200, DW-5300, DW-5600E, GW-5600J, DW-6100

Seeking
    DW-5200 Crystal (PM me if you have one)

The bidders ID was not private when he placed the bid. Ebay makes the auction private once the bid price goes beyond a certain level.

The high bidder obviously knows vintage G-Shocks and their value in the marketplace and has placed an appropriately high bid. I paid more than $1300 for the first WW-5100C-1 I bought and this one is in better condition.

Vintage G-Shocks are not plastic. They are constructed of a stainless case covered by a resin bezel and fitted with a resin band. This particular model is a very rare and desireble item for a vintage G-Shock collector; perhaps only one or two come up for sale each year on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by casiophile View Post
    The bidders ID was not private when he placed the bid. Ebay makes the auction private once the bid price goes beyond a certain level.

The high bidder obviously knows vintage G-Shocks and their value in the marketplace and has placed an appropriately high bid. I paid more than $1300 for the first WW-5100C-1 I bought and this one is in better condition.

Vintage G-Shocks are not plastic. They are constructed of a stainless case covered by a resin bezel and fitted with a resin band. This particular model is a very rare and desireble item for a vintage G-Shock collector; perhaps only one or two come up for sale each year on ebay.
    When I first started this thread, I had no idea that this particular model would even fetch that much. Thanks for the info, casiophile!

Quote Originally Posted by asuoab View Post

3. Reality of the product (I will not exchange gold value for plastic value, [unless] the watch is solid gold case)

From Ebay:

'To help keep the eBay community safe, enhance bidder privacy, and protect our members from fraudulent emails (such as fake second chance offers), eBay has changed how bid history information is displayed. If you place a bid on a higher-priced item, only you and the seller of the item can view your User ID in the bid history. Other members can no longer view User IDs and will see anonymous names, such as Bidder 1.'

From Me:

This post was brought to my attention by a friend. The reason for so many bids is because one guy made a bid over 565.00 and then a few others bid and then one guy kept bidding over and over going up in 10.00 increments. I'm not posting here to get bids because the watch is likely going to be purchased by someone in Japan or Hong Kong where most of the G collectors know about Gs prior to 1995 and have an appreciation for rarety and quality vs readily-available flavors of the week. Normally I would sell a watch such as this on Yahoo Japan auctions but the person I normally have selling on my behalf is busy and already has several of my watches lined up for sale on the Yahoo Japan auction site.

If anyone ever doubts the validity of my items or my integrety, feel free to email me, call me, whatever.

Peace.
    Last edited by casionerd; August 19th, 2007 at 07:22.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information