For anyone who got the G'zOne Casio phone, how are you liking/hating it?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: For anyone who got the G'zOne Casio phone, how are you liking/hating it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Off topic For anyone who got the G'zOne Casio phone, how are you liking/hating it?

I am looking to upgrade my phone. Never had a smartphone before, and want something somewhat durable and with less than horrendous battery life.

Re: For anyone who got the G'zOne Casio phone, how are you liking/hating it?

I miss the days of 'flip' phones in the UK. They are well and truly dead over here now.

As for the phone in question - If you have a tendency to drop your phone then it looks like a good choice. Water resistant as well which is a real bonus.
    NICK.57 likes this.
    - Casio G-Shock -
    DW-5600MS-1
    DW-6900MS-1* / DW-6900NB-3 (MOD)DW-6900MS-1* / DW-6900CS-4 (MOD)
    DW-6900NB-3* / DW-6900NB-4 (MOD)
    DW-6900MS-1* / DW-6900GM-4 (MOD) (PENDING)

DW-6900NB-4* / DW-6900CB-8 (MOD) (SOLD)
    DW-6900CS-4* / DW-6900MS-1 (MOD) (SOLD)
    DW-6900MS-1* / DW-6900NB-4 (MOD) (SOLD)
    DW-6900FS-4JF (SOLD)
    AWG-525B-7AJF (SOLD)

- Other -
    CITIZEN - BJ7005-59E (SOLD)
    ICE - GR.BK.B.S

Quote Originally Posted by girothefiro View Post
    I miss the days of 'flip' phones in the UK. They are well and truly dead over here now.

As for the phone in question - If you have a tendency to drop your phone then it looks like a good choice. Water resistant as well which is a real bonus.
    Are they for sale in the UK? I'm in need of a phone

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My phone does tend to get knocked around a bit and I am on the move a lot (I don't work at a desk). I suppose I could always get a case/protector for another phone and rely on the insurance, but the idea of a durable smartphone is more appealing. In the end, the user interface and battery life are most important, and of course call quality and reliability. From what I've seen/read, the downfall of all smartphones is battery life. This is not good for me because I am often away from power outlets for 7 or 8 hours at a time and I would need to shut the phone off to conserve power or carry a spare battery in my pocket.

I'm sure in the future this issue will be solved and we will have phones that have longer lasting charges, or there will be phones that charge the battery based on your kinetic walking movement.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    From what I've seen/read, the downfall of all smartphones is battery life. This is not good for me because I am often away from power outlets for 7 or 8 hours at a time and I would need to shut the phone off to conserve power or carry a spare battery in my pocket.
    Seven or eight hours is no problem - as long as you don't make much use of the additional features you bought it for.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I love the idea of the G'zOne but some reviews that I've read said that the touch screen wasn't very responsive, performance was a bit laggy and the UI isn't the best. I'm currently using the HTC EVO 4G, which is very fast, extremely responsive, and has an excellent UI. Not sure that I could live with all those trade-offs. Maybe they'll work out some of the kinks with the next generation.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Just yesterday I upgraded my G'zOne to an iPhone4. Sorry, but the Casio is just plain dumb comared tothe iPhone.

I put the iPhone in the Seidio mil-spec case system and have no fear about durability.

HTH
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Just yesterday I upgraded my G'zOne to an iPhone4. Sorry, but the Casio is just plain dumb comared tothe iPhone.

I put the iPhone in the Seidio mil-spec case system and have no fear about durability.

HTH

I have read more reviews on the Casio and am probably not going to get it.

The iphone is a wonderful device, but I refuse to get one due to Apple's control freak attitude towards their customers. I want something where I can remove the battery, make changes, customize as much as possible, and have as much freedom as possible with respect to the software that I choose to use (no itunes for me). I really wish Apple would give people more freedom, because their hardware and operating systems are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post

HTH
    I have an iPhone 4 as well and I put mine in the Otterbox Defender.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310700920.635049.jpg
Views: 2156
Size:  67.3 KB

It makes the phone have G-Shock like durability and style, but no water resistance. I like how the case adds some weight and girth to the iPhone, which makes it more comfortable in my hands.

If you're looking for a durable smartphone, I highly suggest an Otterbox case no matter which phone you choose.

I have the Gz'One, and still like it very much. I have to admit I have only had BlackBerry devices (for work) and this is my first "fun" smartphone for personal use. As a personal smartphone, I am very happy with it - it makes great phone calls, runs the Android apps pretty well, and has very cool Gz'Gear apps of its own. I don't think I could survive on it alone for work (it can connect to Exchange but requires your IT folks to have full control of the device if required) due to lack of real keyboard. I am still more comfortable using the BlackBerry for emails (hard to let go of that). But for everything else, the G'zOne is great.

Battery life isn't wonderful though, only lasts a full day. Some days are better than others, but the BlackBerry can easily last over 2 days... I am not a heavy phone user, or data user, but with all the things the smartphone does all day, it drains the battery in about a day, seems pretty normal for most androids and iphones. I do wish the battery was better, as this is a real outdoorsy phone... it can take a lot of abuse and would be great to take on a day hike, but an overnight camp out would require another battery or a battery based recharger so I could use the phone the next day.

The phone has a great grippy and solid feel to it and doesn't need a case... I know other phones have rugged cases available, but since this one doesn't need one, that is a nice plus for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information