armourall

Thread: armourall

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

armourall

Anyone ever use the NON shiny armourall on your G Shcks and pathfinders to protect them atleast the straps ?? The stuff is fantastic on plastic rubber leather in cars and other stuff thought it might save some straps from rotting a few yrs longer on our watches and even clean up the watch itself ! ??? :-S

Re: armourall

COME ON someone has a answer for this LOL ya can't tell me one a YOU have NOT tried it ????

Hi there,
    I've used it on my G-Shocks on all parts other than the surfaces where they touch my skin. That stuff is made from petroleum product and I don't want my skin to have a prolong contact with it. Others might have better understanding about it. Cheers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

armour all will break donw the straps quicker
    we do not use armourall in australia as it breaks down the plastic quicker in the sun
    so i would never use this on my watches
    try just washing them in shampoo and a toothbrush

Quote Originally Posted by dingosrun
    armour all will break donw the straps quicker
    we do not use armourall in australia as it breaks down the plastic quicker in the sun
    so i would never use this on my watches
    try just washing them in shampoo and a toothbrush
    I belive what you say !! BUT then why will tires on a car last longer when Armourall is put on one and not on another Ive seen this and the tires left to weather in the rain and sun ! 1 had Nothing 1 had aromoural on it ! The armoural tire was almost perfect after 2 yrs ! the person applied armoural 1 time a month every month for 2 yrs ! the one with nothing was starting to ROT :-S

Airlines are no allowed to put armor all on airplane tire because i degrades rubber.

thankyou version
    we have found the same here
    we use a product in our cars called formula 2000
    as armoural has a bad rep as to wrecking dashboards in cars
    it eats at the plastics and resin of cars
    so it might look good for a couple of weeks but after a year or two you may as well put your watch in your pocket as its going to fall off

Quote Originally Posted by versionpardner
    Airlines are no allowed to put armor all on airplane tire because i degrades rubber.
    I belive what you say BUT !! Can you post a link to were you found or got this information ?? please :-S

I would like to -very generally- corroborate what Dingosrun wrote. Without being in a position to be more specific, I remember very well from my Porsche forum days that Armourall was considered ... taboo. Also, Armourall gives a very "artificial" looking shine to everything.
    Unfortunately, I'm not able to propose much on a positive side, as I don't remember the "good" brand names.

Some people recommended to, and I did -with good results- put some plain =linseed oil= on a cloth and wipe with it the "black soft plasticky exterior bodywork parts" of the car (there were a few), thereafter carefully wiping off any "excess oil". It worked very well to deepen the intensity of the color and bring back the shine on those "soft plastic" parts; the drawback being that the slight remaining oiliness attracts dust, which then sticks to the treated surface...

But you might try it (like, first on some similar piece of "plastic", then on the back of the wristband), with VERY little linseed oil (just a drop of it), and very carefully wipe it off afterwards. Whatever you do, NEVER EVER use any product mentioning "silicone" on the label, as that would really cause problems.

Also, for good order's sake, I understand our watches are PU, i.e. PolyUrethane. You might Google that word and see if you find some do's and don'ts.

Regards,
    Paul

I got it from my friends who airplane mechanics in the civilian and miltary sector.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information