Arrival Of A Rare Square: My DW-5000LV !
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Arrival Of A Rare Square: My DW-5000LV !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrival Of A Rare Square: My DW-5000LV !

On Saturday, an amazing thing happened. I received one of my top 3 wish list (not using the G word) watches! I know, I'm a bad collector and have simple wishes, but wait till you see this beast. Not only is it an amazing SCREWBACK unit in and of itself, but this particular unit has a pretty interesting provenance on WUS. If I have my story straight, it has belonged to 3 other WUS members before me including one of the world's foremost G-Shock authorities....

It's a DW-5000LV from 2001!

This one is very special. The LV originally came with a glossy white band and bezel in a Lover's Collection set from 2001. If you can even find one of these sets now, it is CRAZY expensive and usually has to be shipped from Asia. The original had bullbars and looked like the one 2 watches down on this page:
    Google Translate

This watch has a very unusual face, almost polarized looking. The display seems to float over the EL backlight unlike my other decorated EL watches. It's hard to capture in pix, but the face looks different colored depending on angle. It has a Devil on its EL backlight and a gorgeous engraving of the Earth with a devil and angel on the back.

The thing that makes this unit most unusual is all the different rubber it's worn. One past user had it in an Ocean Gray getup. One had it on its original glossy white strap,/bezel which has now been dyed RIT Tangerine. I received it in brand new black rubber, which I like best, and I hate bullbars so am glad the last owner kept them. The colors on this thing, to me, are reminiscent of the WW-5100, probably as close as a working stiff like me is ever going to get. The seller even threw in the original band/bezel, dyed tangerine, with a bonus 5600E unit in it!

Bottom line, this basically completes my G-Shock collection unless I happen to run across the DW-5000 Stussy 25th or a WW-5100 in Silver someday at a price my shallow pockets can swing. Here are my beloved squares!

Thanks for reading! Thanks a million controlguy for taking pity on me and selling me this dream unit!
    Last edited by mhammer8; May 9th, 2011 at 21:33. Reason: grammerz
    G-fob likes this.

Re: Arrival Of A Rare Square: My DW-5000LV !

Quote Originally Posted by mhammer8 View Post
    Bottom line, this basically completes my G-Shock collection

Yeah, right!

Mitch
    mhammer8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    Yeah, right!

Mitch
    Hehe, I'm going automatics from here on in unless I find those 2 :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

AWESOME!! Love all of the DW series with the screw on casebacks!! I have a 20th Anniversary DW-5000 " Project Team Tough" coming myself and can't wait. CONGRATS -Ronbo

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo View Post
    AWESOME!! Love all of the DW series with the screw on casebacks!! I have a 20th Anniversary DW-5000 " Project Team Tough" coming myself and can't wait. CONGRATS -Ronbo
    Awesome! I saw you were looking for one of those, they're individually numbered, right? I still see them from time to time on the Bay. Really amazing line too, if they do an original one like that for the 30th I may break my G vow :)

nice watch. excellect collection . do not sell .

I know the star of the thread is the 5000lv, but I really like the tangerine one very much.
    If you do decide to sell at some point, please drop me a line

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by alexandr0s View Post
    I know the star of the thread is the 5000lv, but I really like the tangerine one very much.
    If you do decide to sell at some point, please drop me a line

Alex
    Thanks Alex! I actually love it too, and the previous owner told me he just used straight-up RIT Tangerine color dye. If you get a plain white band and bezel from PacParts and a $2 box of this dye, and follow the tutorial on dyeing... you can have the same one!

Edit: I see you're in Greece and this stuff may not be in your grocery stores...they have it for $2 US at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Rit-Dye-Powder...4982082&sr=8-2
    Last edited by mhammer8; May 10th, 2011 at 02:03.

Quote Originally Posted by david-syd View Post
    nice watch. excellect collection . do not sell .
    Thanks! It took me a year to find one of these. This one went on the private sale forums the night I had family come in from out of the country and I missed the sale! Luckily the buyer resold it to me. Going to have this one in the stable for a long, long time.

Congratulations. It's a very nice collection. But didn't the LV set come with the Baby-G? Will you try to hunt for its mate?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information