Arrived today - DW-8900! What a beauty!
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Arrived today - DW-8900! What a beauty!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Gift Arrived today - DW-8900! What a beauty!

Hi,
    first I wanna say :thanks to fonklover for an easy and pleasant transaction! And I wanna say :thanks to Sjors who wanted to buy it but stepped back letting me have it when he heard that I wanted it so much Thank you guys!
    So a little introduction:
    Since I began to learn a bit more about G-Shocks - that first have been just something cheap to satisfy the "in-between"-need to buy a watch while saving money for a "real" watch (well I was just beginning to understand the fascination behind Gs:oops:) - I came across the stainless steel models like the MRG-100 or MRG-110. But they didn't really grab my attention at this time - I probably wasn't "g-shocked" enough yet.
    Then the "rarest G-Shock"-thread was started and there I saw her again - and this time I knew I had to get one. So first I wanted to buy one NOS but the price was just to much for my little budget - being a student and father and all - so by accident while searching for some more pics I stumbled across fonklover's add in the sales-forum and I wrote him - he then told me that I can have it and I wired the money to lovely Vienna (took less time than a transaction between German banks) and just a few days later it arrived:

What's inside Maybe something you can tell time with?

A watch! Who would have thought that.

come closer - come to daddy:

now carefully and slowly take it out of the plastic bag:

One from the side:

And another one:

And the back:

not much resin on that one so resin-rot really shouldn't be a problem. Finally a G-Shock that could last a little longer than our beloved resin-covered models. The condition is very good too as you can see from the pictures. Not much need be said about this watch cause everybody here probably knows it - for those who don't:
    - the functions are pretty much the same as on a DW-5600 or DW-6900 - so nothing fancy just the basics: alarm, countdown, stopwatch.
    - Every mode except alarm-mode displays the time
    - it has the "quick-return"-feature so after you press a button in any mode the next press of the mode button brings you right back to timekeeping mode (I wonder why the modern day Gs dont have this very useful feature - kind of annoying to scroll through every mode on my Riseman every time I wanna set an alarm or a countdown)
    - very nice blue EL-backlight
    - bracelet with massive links and buttons on the clasp for safe use
    - it weighs in at 144g! (my Autozilla only has 135g and is way bigger)

All in all it's a very nice watch and kind of a classic already. A G-Shock you can "feel" on the wrist (because of the weight) and a G-Shock you can wear with a business suit. A G-Shock that might actually be still on your wrist when every other G has crumbled to dust. So I'm very happy with this new acquisition and my little G-Shock collection has taken a huge step ahead with it's new member.
    Now all I need is a Ti-Frog, a DW-6600, a GW-9010, a GW-M5600, a MRG-110,............

Greetings, Sedi
    Audigy likes this.

Re: Arrived today - DW-8900! What a beauty!

Very, very nice indeed.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Congratulations on that Heavy Metal G! It Rocks! That should see you thru the next 50 years no worries...

PS: Wrist shot for the team!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations! I've had one of these forever -- bought it at the G-Factory in New York City more than ten years ago. (Sadly, that store is gone.)

As you now know, this thing has got some heft to it. You'll feel it on your wrist!

:thanks guys for the congrats! I forgot to take a wrist-shot when I took the pics (can't take one right now cause I'm at work), but I'll take one and post it maybe tommorrow.
    And yes it feels quite solid and heavy on the wrist - I like it a lot! I even didn't have to shorten the bracelet - it fitted perfectly the way it was.

Greetings, Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    :thanks guys for the congrats! I forgot to take a wrist-shot when I took the pics (can't take one right now cause I'm at work), but I'll take one and post it maybe tommorrow.
    And yes it feels quite solid and heavy on the wrist - I like it a lot! I even didn't have to shorten the bracelet - it fitted perfectly the way it was.

Greetings, Sedi
    I'll look forward to seeing a wrist shot. And maybe you'll inspire me to take mine out of the box and give it some wrist time!

great grab. i procrastinated on that for just a tad too long. enjoy it greatly. mike

Very nice, congrats!!!!

awesome!
    You only live once.....and some don't even do that!!

Thanks people for the nice comments!
    This really is a keeper . I'll take some better pictures however - these were all "quick 'n' dirty". And a wristshot of course.

Greetings, Sedi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information