The ascending of a Frog
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By LUW
  • 1 Post By LUW

Thread: The ascending of a Frog

LUW

Thumbs Up The ascending of a Frog

About a month ago, I found locally a GF-8250-9DR. As I said many times before, I'm a very discreet person, and hate to call attention about myself, so a loud 'n yellow Frog does not exactly combine very well with me . But since the deal was good and I thought I could do something about the color, I went ahead and bought it.

Up until then I only had a Final Frog, and was a bit worried that in terms of size I wouldn't like it. But though it is bigger then a 200, the 8250 sits well on my wrist.

The 200 has a diameter of 49,6 mm (17,9 mm high), while the 8250 has 52 mm (18,5 mm high), so on me at least it dresses nicely on my wrist. It is quite heavier, with 114 g (against 83 g of the 200), but is very comfortable to wear.

But as I said, the thing is LOUD . I had the feeling that everyone was looking at my watch, though my baby patients seemed to like that yellow mass moving around them . I got it over a month ago but I think I wore it only 2 or 3 times because it felt kind of wrong on my wrist. The watch was VERY comfortable to wear, and the 3266 module is quite good (except for the EL - I'll get to that later), so I had to make it better, make it more quiet. What do do? Stealth it .

I ordered a set of strap+resin for the DW-8200BK-1, and it arrived yesterday afternoon. I got home from a short bike ride and the manilla envelope was waiting for me on my office desk, so even before I got out of my cycling attire I went to work.

Now I have a pretty awesome 8250! The all-black resin makes a very nice contrast with the shinny case, and now the watch looks way more "professional". I couldn't be happier about the result ! The only thing that I would like to get would be a shiny stainless steel strap keeper, that I think would give the strap a nice touch. Oh, and about the EL. As I said, the module is great, and you can even change the duration of the EL, but unfortunately, it has a red frog figure. Yeah, it looks cool, and my 5yo thinks it's the coolest thing since I brought home a Lego AT-AT set, but it makes reading the time at night more difficult . I would rather have a normal plain EL instead.

With or without the frog on the EL, it's an AWESOME watch .
    iamsupersam, kurzjak and Dave I like this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Re: The ascending of a Frog

I did something similar with mine too...all black resin does looks nice!

I really like how the resin shows off the case underneath it instead of hiding most of it like in the final frog.. speaking about ease of reading, do you notice that the contrast of the lcd in the final frog is not as good as the 8250?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    The only thing that I would like to get would be a shiny stainless steel strap keeper, that I think would give the strap a nice touch.
    Agreed. I have one on my WCCS 9900, and it really sets it off nicely.

It will probably be pretty hard to source one on its own though.

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by iamsupersam View Post
    Ispeaking about ease of reading, do you notice that the contrast of the lcd in the final frog is not as good as the 8250?
    Funny, I feel the opposite. I just went outside to check, and both outdoors and indoors (with lower light), both my "vintage" Frogs (200 and 9900) have a bit more contrast then the 8250. I don't know, maybe it's because they have slightly larger digits?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shock Absorber View Post
    Agreed. I have one on my WCCS 9900, and it really sets it off nicely.

It will probably be pretty hard to source one on its own though.
    After I saw your pic on today's WRUW thread I was going to ask you wear you got it. Any idea on getting some other SS strap keeper?
    iamsupersam likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    After I saw your pic on today's WRUW thread I was going to ask you wear you got it. Any idea on getting some other SS strap keeper?
    Nice watch doc. Yellow or black it´s a very nice looking one. I bought ss keepers from a site in New Zeland.Ontime Watch Shop - Clocks, Watch Straps, Batteries, Talking Watches

Go Team Bravus!!

LUW

This one? Unfortunately it's 20 mm, and the 8250 strap is 21 mm wide .
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Thread Information