Ask any junkie and he'll tell you.....
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ask any junkie and he'll tell you.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ask any junkie and he'll tell you.....

....it always starts with one and then the spiral is fast and furious!

My spiral started a few months ago when I wanted to get a second watch to wear during daytime activities on our cruise vacation so as not to beat up on my Tag. Knew I wanted a "G", solar and atomic. Was really considering the AWGM100B-1A, but it was pretty much just released and I couldn't find it anywhere. Well a local Macy's had the AWG101-1A in stock and it was during a 25% off sale...so I was sold. (Sidebar......I've since seen in person the AWGM100B-1A and while it has a more robust feature set than my 101, aesthetically I find it somewhat boring and the minimal amount of luminescent markers...something I really like to see a lot of in an ana-digi, just didn't do it for me. And the positive display version I'm not a fan of, either).

But I digress....which was not the case for my spiral in G-addiction! I liked the look and feel of my new G so much, I said "let me get another" (but just one more, really, that's it, then I'll stop). I wanted something all digital, all black and solar/atomic. Low and behold, I found myself waking up in a dark alley, not knowing how I got there, wearing a GW2310FB-1 (which I ordered from the kingpin himself, the dealer to the dealers....directly from Casio)!!!

Ok, I knew I had to stop. I knew I could stop. I was strong and I could just cut myself off after 2. I didn't need help....I was strong!!!

Well, I was doing good for a few months. Maybe the occassional "click" to gshock.com, or a quick visit to WUS, but I was good! I had this thing licked!!!!

Then there happened to be what was supposed to be nothing more than a routine run to Costco to purchase more coffee, papertowels and TP than 2 people living under one roof should ever purchase in one outing. So as we make our way through the droves of excessive consumers, I pass the watch display case and there "she" calls out to me....."the mole"....GW9010-1 (at a relapse inducing price of $94.99). The wagon of which I just fell off has done run me over!!!!

A minor setback, I tell myself. Wasnt it Spiderman who said "Everybody gets one"? I'm not Lindsey, or Robert Downey Junior...I can move past this minor speed bump! A hiccup...that's all it was.

Fast forward to this past Saturday, This time it was an innocent gander through Macy's and the siren's call of the watch counter lured me in. But it was no siren, it was yet another "mole". Damn you, rodent!!!! And a curse upon you, too, Macy's for yet another timely One Day Sale that "forced" my weak constitution into purchasing my latest fall from grace....a G9300-1 (at 25% off, so only $150.00).

When will the madness stop????
    Name:  P1020305.JPG
Views: 1860
Size:  320.6 KB
    gaopa, abhas9300 and clintonde like this.

Re: Ask any junkie and he'll tell you.....

Oh....and just because my Tag is a jealous whore, here she is, too....Name:  P1020306.JPG
Views: 735
Size:  309.9 KB
    clintonde likes this.

Enjoyed the drama... ;) Nice collection so far!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My path to addiction was similar.. started with one this past christmas.. it grew stronger.. and stronger.. needless to say, I'm at 10 and counting right now. I see you stick to just black watches.. I only have 2 blacks and 2 whites, every thing else is a rainbow.

Dang! That new Mudman is a monster!

I can relate, Dumberdrummer, I can relate... it's a slippery slope each time I walked pass a store :)

EMT

i think we all have this problem here hahaha, i told myself i was going to limit myself to 3 watches, one for work, one for everyday and one for dress. i now have 8 with 2 more incoming.

They also say the first step in getting help for my addiction is to admit I have a problem. My name is Derrick and I have a addiction to G's. It all started with 1 now after that first feel of that resin touching my skin I was lost. I spend endless nights searching this forum for new G's. I wonder around the G section at Macy's every Saturday, so much all the workers know my name. Every time I call myself quiting this habit in the words of Pookie from New Jack City "I went from the one timex watch king to a G-Shock fein"
    "NERDS WITH SWAG"

LOLz

I enjoyed reading your story very much... and LOLz ... can't believe that there is a Costco that still carrying that GW9010, and with that price, so jealous ...

welcome to the forum

nice multiband mudman 9000. Also like the 9300. How come you didn't the atomic 9300?...was it the price?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information