atomic feature question

Thread: atomic feature question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

atomic feature question

I got a question to all the g-shock geeks.

Im planning to buy a PAW-1500 waveceptor. But I dont live near to any of the 6 countries where i can get auto time calibration. What happens if i dont get a signal? Can I turn this feature off? I had someone told me also that waveceptors reset their time when held close to a PC (sounds weird and imposible) but can you guys comment? Local Casio store in my place dont sell atomic/waveceptor watches so I cant even try them out.

Thanks in advance!

Re: atomic feature question

Yes. You can disable automatic atomic sync. The watch then operates like any quartz watch.

Cool Re: atomic feature question

Quote Originally Posted by the_sphinx View Post

Im planning to buy a PAW-1500 waveceptor. But I dont live near to any of the 6 countries where i can get auto time calibration. What happens if i dont get a signal? Can I turn this feature off? I had someone told me also that waveceptors reset their time when held close to a PC (sounds weird and imposible) but can you guys comment? Local Casio store in my place dont sell atomic/waveceptor watches so I cant even try them out.

Thanks in advance!
    Where are you at? Folks in Australia are able to receive sync signals from Japan and that is quite a long way. If China is closer to you, you can now get multiband 6 models that can receive sync signals from China.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by trozau View Post
    Where are you at? Folks in Australia are able to receive sync signals from Japan and that is quite a long way. If China is closer to you, you can now get multiband 6 models that can receive sync signals from China.
    that is true only for brisbane and probably darwin, the rest 7 major cities can't.

anyone in sydney ,melbourne ,canberra ,adeilaide got it???

GW2000B-1A
    GW-9200 'Dragon' Riseman
    DW-5600E-1V
    AWG 101-1A
    Seiko SNZG13K1

Quote Originally Posted by the_sphinx View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Why don`t you get a PRG-130 it`s exactly the same as the Paw-1500 minus the Atomic feature, and it will be cheaper?

They are out now,and can be found on the web $200 - $280 depending on model (approximately)

Q-6

Yes, you can disable the atomic features.

But, the cool part about atomic watches is, they work thousands of miles away.

So, find the one closes to you and test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by trozau View Post
    Im from the Philippines. If the signal reaches Australia then it should work in the Phil too! Thanks!

thanks. ill consider the prg130 as well.

I was only able to try early last week when i got my gw5525. Yes, you can receive a signal here in the Philippines.

My 5525 syncs every 12:02am when i place it next to an open window. I'm in quezon city.

thanks for the confirmation PaulE! But one more.... where are you getting your signal from? Jap or Chin??

Btw, after reading threads from this forum, i think ill get me a riseman instead ;)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information