Atomic Not Solar?

Thread: Atomic Not Solar?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Atomic Not Solar?

I did search. But after the first two pages of results, I decided to ask.

I've come to realize one of the reasons I like and bought my GW-9000 is for that atomic signal every night.

I've also come to realize I'd like to not stress over the watch getting sun and/or if it is charging.

So, are there atomic Gs that aren't also solar?

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Atomic Not Solar?

atomic G's without solar? none that i can think of, at least no current made one.

however, there is also a casio-watch-world beyond g-shock's and i think my review of one of them could be of interest for you:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ght=waveceptor

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

I don't know of any either. The atomic part must consume a lot of power too. I wonder if thats the reason?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    I don't know of any either. The atomic part must consume a lot of power too. I wonder if thats the reason?
    Yes, I believe that's one reason. Every time the receiver turns on for signal reception, one power-hungry function is activated.
    JUNGHANS Radio-Controlled WWVB, G-2500, GL-150, G-7300 TOUGH SOLAR, G-9100 GULFMAN,
    G-9000 MUDMAN, DW-5600 MODULE 901, DW-5000SL, DW-8200 FROGMAN, G-2900, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T2D461, Freestyle (Analog) Shark Hammerhead, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T45441.

Thanks for the link cal- that is a cool looking watch, but I'd be afraid of breaking it, it not being a G. I didn't come to G's for the looks, I came to them because I was tired of breaking Timex Ironman watches all the time.

But that does prove that they can build a non-solar atomic G if they wanted to.

antman. japanese signal only, though.

Getting sun isn't that big of a deal, though. I just leave my G-Shock on top of my dresser where it picks up the radio signal and gets indirect sun from the window in the bedroom. Always at "Hi" charge w/o doing a darn thing to it, and picks up a signal at least every other day.

What happens if the charge drains completely? Can you just recharge, reset and go or do you need to replace the battery?

Quote Originally Posted by 2xbass View Post
    What happens if the charge drains completely? Can you just recharge, reset and go or do you need to replace the battery?
    You recharge, reset and go. The battery, however, will be beat up if you often let it drain away completely, shortening its life and its ability to hold a proper full charge. Mind you, it takes approx. 7 months in the dark for the battery to drain to dead from a full charge.

According to my manual, 48 minutes of "daylight through a window on a cloudy day" is enough to recharge a day's worth of use. My watch sits facing the window on a bureau and it keeps a constant full charge. (The watch is my atomic reference for all my other watches and is on standby duty for any day I expect to be particularly active.)

Maybe one of the things that causes Solar Fret is the use of power meters by Casio - sometimes too much information can cause unecessary worrying?

My GW 2000 does not have this facility - it either goes or the second hand jumps 2 seconds at a time (which it has not done to date) when it is getting low. Thus I don't even give it a thought but if it had a pesky meter then I might!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information