Atomic OCD
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Atomic OCD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Atomic OCD

Okay, I have a few Casio watches that are Atomic. I really love them (especially when DST was over). But now, I've found that Atomic watches are making me OCD (I admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof). I'm the type of person who hates to be late for anything. I'd rather show up too early than too late for any appointment or function. So, In the past, I usually set my watch a few minutes ahead, just to help me get going and to arrive on time. But now, with my Atomics, I somehow feel compelled to set my watches on (or at least near) the exact time. I was just wondering if any of you out there have experienced the same thing.
    kandyredcoi likes this.
    LEX ET ORDO

Don't have sync'ing ability here (too far away from any of the towers) so I'm "stuck" with adjusting the time to whatever my need is that day with that watch. Absolutely different, nothing in common, and don't see any OCD involvement with my actions :)
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Re: Atomic OCD

Not to be critical OP but I think it's more of a "you" problem!

By that I mean that you have become accustomed to setting your watch ahead to compensate for lateness. Which, in all honesty is a good trick to help force you to be on time.

But now that your atomic watches are relatively exact I am assuming that you are like me and you want all your watches to be the same. So I set my non-atomic watches to the atomic Casio's times... then everything is the same.

Problem with that is now you no longer have watches that are fast therefore... in the words of Yoda, "You must unlearn what you have learned."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I used to set all my household clocks 5 minutes fast, and then I got my atomic G......

For awhile I maintained two sets; the watches were set the atomic time but the clocks were ahead to keep me safe. I confess it got confusing....the only clock still set ahead is in my car.

Seconding Nightshift here, you must unlearn, young Jedi!

Just call me Padawan. For a while, I also had my non-atomic watches set ahead and also found that too confusing. But now, I set them to the Atomic times (approx). I do have a few friends who are extremely obsessed about keeping their watches to the EXACT second. My normal response to them was to politely request that they "take their medication." I just didn't want to end up like them. Although, I have found that one of the joys of wearing the Casio Atomics is the fact that it is keeping the exact time.
    LEX ET ORDO

TZA

your Casio watch may show exact time, seconds by atomic sync but that doesn't mean the place you're going to will have the same.

...but I understand ;)

atomic time keeping is a very cool function 8)

The worst is trying to keep my mechanical automatics in sync with my atomic G's..... ARGGGHHHHH!
    gaopa and rocky like this.

I have never understood the concept of intentionally setting watches/clocks fast. You KNOW they are fast and you will act accordingly (i.e., "my watch is fast, so I still have a few minutes..."). Just set everything to the correct time and act accordingly based on that.
    Nightshift likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshift View Post
    The worst is trying to keep my mechanical automatics in sync with my atomic G's..... ARGGGHHHHH!
    Hear! Hear! Cheers, Bill P.

I am OCD as well and want all my atomics synced the same. I took it further and am trying to zero in the trimmer screws to get the watches synced even with the atomic turned off. I also keep my alarm clock set 5 minutes fast and my car clock 10 minutes fast. Old habits die hard.
    oiljam likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information