Atomic question

Thread: Atomic question

Atomic question

For those G's with the Atomic feature, can it be deactivated? Example if you're purposely syncing to another time and don't want the atomic feature to chage that. (Does that make sense?)

Banned

Re: Atomic question

If you turn the auto sync to 'OFF' that should take care of it. Then when you want to you can manually sync the watch.

While this is true I don't recommend this... manually updating means updating trough the day and that's almost guaranteed not to succeed because of all of interearance trough they day...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes. I concur. Reception is best at the auto settings since it occurs late at night.

When traveling from one time zone to another, it is best to change your home city setting instead of going to the world time feature and just looking at that for your new timezone.

Changing your home city setting will ensure all your alarms will go off at the right time. Plus you can let it auto-receive without worry.

While I'm new to atomic time keeping (loving it thus far) I was able to do a manual receive at 1 AM at approximately 1500 miles from Fort Collins. I just had to find my West facing window and I was able to receive full signal and it calibrated in about 3-4 minutes. I had to experiment to find my best window, I also used the same window to charge it to a full charge in about 6 hours in a sunny window.

Quote Originally Posted by muxinick View Post
    While I'm new to atomic time keeping (loving it thus far) I was able to do a manual receive at 1 AM at approximately 1500 miles from Fort Collins. I just had to find my West facing window and I was able to receive full signal and it calibrated in about 3-4 minutes. I had to experiment to find my best window, I also used the same window to charge it to a full charge in about 6 hours in a sunny window.
    x2 for the most part. I just set it near the window-sill, close to direct sunlight and it automatically picks up a signal.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagger View Post
    For those G's with the Atomic feature, can it be deactivated? Example if you're purposely syncing to another time and don't want the atomic feature to chage that. (Does that make sense?)
    well, it doesn't make any sense for me but yes - it is possible. I own two atomic watches and on neither one you can the radio reception just turn off. however, you can set the "homezone" to one of those cities where the watch does not allow for RC and after that set your local time manually. but I honestly can't see what this would be good for....

regards, holger

I've turned mine off as well, mainly because I don't see the need for it to calibrate 4 times a day.... also, I'm often in a room in the middle of the house and it doesn't get the signal. I'm also often up during 2-5AM... so for me, it would be best to just take it off at 5-6am, do a manual receive 1 time a day and let it sit in the window... no need for it to try and calibrate in a room it won't get a signal in and waste battery power, but just IMO...

Thread Information