Atomic reception in Boston?

Thread: Atomic reception in Boston?

Atomic reception in Boston?

I've been feeling the desire to add a solar atomic G to my collection but I have the feeling it won't work very well where I am since I am so far from the atomic transmitter. I have an atomic desk clock that has never synched but I admit I've never gone out of my way to set it up by windows.

Is there anyone who lives near Boston that has had success with an atomic G-Shock? Will it need to be left in a window overnight? I just don't want to buy an atomic G then never have it synch.

Re: Atomic reception in Boston?

A bump for any Bostonians.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Your watch is probably going to sync overnight only once every few months, maybe more often if you leave it on a west-facing window sill with a clear view. Don't expect it to sync regularly, though.

Sync'ing once every 4-5 months is enough to keep the time within 1-2 mins of the correct time (the max allowed deviation according to Casio's specs is 15 secs/month, but the average watch is better than that), which is good enough for any normal activity involving human beings that I can think of.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I live in Ashland, which is only 30 minutes outside Boston. I have an atomic Riseman that syncs every night without fail. I just put in on the window sill every night, so when I wake up it is fully charged and synced. Plus my brother has had 2 atomic Gs, both have synced fine as well.

Thanks for the feedback! I actually know Ashland. I'm glad to hear the Riseman works since that is actually the solar atomic model I am looking at.

I live on the Lowell/Tewksbury line with a massive hill to my west. My riseman used the sync 3-4x per week. For some reason, my sync'ing has become less frequent. I've only sync'd once since dec 25th. I still check it most ornings... not sure why since I rarely wear it any more. Keep in mind the closer you are to the city the more challenging the sync'ing will be.
    --Steve
    --------------------
    "War and courage have done more than love of your neighbor. Not your pity but your bravery has saved the unfortunate thus far."
    --Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by steve6387 View Post
    I live on the Lowell/Tewksbury line with a massive hill to my west. My riseman used the sync 3-4x per week. For some reason, my sync'ing has become less frequent. I've only sync'd once since dec 25th. I still check it most ornings... not sure why since I rarely wear it any more. Keep in mind the closer you are to the city the more challenging the sync'ing will be.
    I figured proximity to downtown would be an issue. I live very close to Downtown. Do you have any other atomic Gs that do a better job of synching? If not I might go for the solar only orange Riseman.

Sorry, my riseman is my only solar/atomic G so I can't compare it to other solar atomics. It really is a great watch with a fantastic module. I prefer the non-solar/non-atomic g-7900 for the buttons/module/display and overall style, but I really am glad I got the riseman. If you get the solar/atomic one you will sync occasionally at worst and it will remain more accurate than most watches out there. Mine just sync'd again so that's twice in less than a week.
    --Steve
    --------------------
    "War and courage have done more than love of your neighbor. Not your pity but your bravery has saved the unfortunate thus far."
    --Nietzsche

Thread Information